National Guideline Coordinator activities
- Participate in the annual ESC National Guideline Coordinators meeting at the EHH dedicated to the ESC Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Help with the selection of national experts to be involved in the review process of future ESC Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Be active in the endorsement and possible translation processes of the ESC Clinical Practice Guidelines:
- Coordinate with their National Cardiac Society the decision to officially endorse the ESC Clinical Practice Guidelines as well as their possible translations.
- Coordinate the completion of the endorsement forms.
- Coordinate the administrative tasks and facilitate the endorsement process.
- Participate in the nomination of topic experts for specific national implementation programmes and activities and jointly coordinate these actions with the nominated experts.
- Ensure that the rules for the use and translation of ESC Clinical Practice Guidelines are followed, as well as those for Pocket Guidelines and Guideline's slide-sets. The rules for translation are available here.
- Engage in national implementation programmes of the ESC Clinical Practice Guidelines:
- Coordinate programmes with the ESC CPG Committee, ESC Associations, ESC Working Groups and ESC Councils: creation and translation of educational materials, educational courses, scientific sessions during the national congresses, national implementation group/National Cardiac Society meeting coinciding with the ESC Guidelines launch.
A map with information on the ESC Clinical Practice Guidelines endorsements and translations, National Cardiac Societies website is available here.
More information regarding the rules and translations of ESC Guidelines and their derivative products by ESC National Societies is available here