Now updated and expanded!
Encompassing pre-and post-hospital care, procedures, diagnostics, techniques, management, settings, structure, function....
The new IACC Textbook is the key reference for education, serving the needs of all professionals involved in the management of patients with acute cardiovascular care diseases.
A comprehensive book with the best scientific information
Third Online update: February 2018
Substantial amendments made to 13 chapters
- 16 Neurological assessment of the acute cardiac care patient
- 17 Monitoring of the kidneys, liver, and other vital organs
- 18 Blood gas analysis: acid-base and fluid and electrolyte disorders
- 19 Clinical assessment and monitoring of chest radiographs
- 32 Nutrition support in acute cardiac care
- 40 Atherosclerosis and thrombosis
- 43 ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction
- 46 Non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes
- 48 Coronary artery bypass graft surgery
- 50 Gender considerations in acute coronary syndromes
- 54 Acute heart failure: heart failure surgery and transplantation
- 64 Acute respiratory failure and acute respiratory distress syndrome
- 77 Perioperative management of the high-risk surgical patient: cardiac surgery
and minor changes to other 28 chapters
Access the free Chapters Introduction andTraining and Certification in Intensive and Acute Cardiovascular Care
Order the 2nd Edition
Complement your knowledge on the ACVC e-learning platform (ESCeL), a unique tool for knowledge, skills assessment and professional development in the field of acute cardiovascular care.