The CCNAP Be Guidelines Smart Toolkit was developed to ensure that all nurses and allied professionals across Europe are trained to use the latest ESC Guidelines.
As part of this toolkit, CCNAP organised a Train the Trainers Workshop in Sophia Antipolis, France, 7-8 December 2017.
The workshop was designed to train selected nurses and allied professions how to use the latest ESC Guidelines, primarily focussing on the 2016 ESC Guidelines on Heart Failure, on Cardiovascular Prevention & on Dyslipidaemias.
40 nurses represented 21 different countries. The participants were made aware of the derivative products of the Guidelines and discussed how to cascade guidelines information in their respective countries.
The Train the Trainers Workshop was a two half-day meeting composed of lectures, discussions and workshops. The content was supplied by the ESC Council on Cardiovascular Nursing & Allied Professions (CCNAP) and the course was in English.
- Welcome - Ekaterini Lambrinou
- EORP registries and their link with ESC Guidelines - Bernard Lung
- Introduction to the BGS Initiative and presentation of the CCNAP Survey results & Implementation of ESC Guidelines - Donna Fitzsimons
- Dissemination Strategies in Social Media - Lavinia Baciu – ESC Social Media Manager
- Presentation Skills - Mary Austin
- Development of ESC Guidelines and the link between Guidelines and Education - Veronica Dean
- Workshops – (split into groups) Identification of country-specific challenges.
- Implementation Science - Ann Catrine Eldh
- Workshops (split into groups): Preparing an action plan for dissemination & use of the Guidelines (country-specific plan)
- Workshops – presentation of strategic plans developed.
- Comments, discussion, remarks.
- CCNAP Overview - Catriona Jennings & Tina Hansen
- Take home messages - Donna Fitzsimons