Reduction of cardiovascular disease burden by pharmacotherapy is a multistep approach, which requires:
- the identification of new potential drugs;
- testing new potential pharmacological compounds in trial setting;
- regulatory approval;
- implementation of therapies in clinical practice.
To achieve this, the aim of EuroCVP is to improve competency and confidence in:
- Designing and planning successful clinical trials;
- Evaluating and following the correct processes and regulatory procedures;
- Effectively analysing and interpreting trial data by highly interactive workshops on statistics;
- Improve competence and confidence to deliver better, personalized therapy of older people, which in turn will have a positive impact on implementing use of services and pharmacotherapy and thus patient outcomes.
In edition to this, the programme's main sessions will provide you with all of the most recent updates in the field, including a focus on pharmacotherapy and covid-19 (session 10), current challenges in pharmacogenomics (session 3), how to manage post-operative anti-thrombotic therapy after cardiovascular surgery (session 4)...
The meeting will take place over three days as follows:
- 10 June from 12:00 - 19:00 (CET)
- 11 June from 09:00 - 20:00 (CET)
- 12 June from 09:00 - 14:00 (CET)
The sessions will be streamed online through the EuroCVP virtual platform. Each session will include live Q&A with the faculty, connecting professionals from all around the globe.
The conference will be streamed online through the EuroCVP Virtual Platform.
You will be able to ask questions in real-time, connecting attendees from all around the globe.
Registration will remain open throughout the event 10-12 June, Join us!
The Annual Meeting of the ESC Working Group on Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy - EuroCVP 2021, Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France, 10/06/2021 - 12/06/2021 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 18 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
The scientific committee comprises the following members of the nucleus of the ESC Working Group on Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy
Dr. Patrick Sulzgruber, Course Coordinator
Prof. Alexander Niessner, Austria, WG Chairperson
Prof. Heinz Drexel, Austria, WG Past Chairperson
Prof. Juan Carlos Kaski, UK, WG Chairperson-Elect
Prof. Sven Wassmann, Germany
Prof. Gianluigi Savarese, Sweden
Prof. Juan Tamargo, Spain
Download the programme
About the ESC Working Group on Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy
This meeting is organised by the ESC Working Group on Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy.
The Working Group represents a membership of over 800 professionals in the field of cardiovascular pharmacotherapy.
Key activities of the Working Group:
- European Heart Journal - Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy
- ESC Handbook on Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy
- Training courses
- MSc in Clinical Trials
Become a member
Contact us for more information: email@example.com
Plaza de Europa, 17-19
08908 L’Hospitalet de Llobregat