The European Society of Cardiology Working Group on Adult Congenital heart Disease (ESC WG ACHD) has recognised importance of advocating improved infrastructure and access to ACHD care and education within Europe, including actively CESE European region in the global European stage. As a part of this on-going efforts a new CESE European Study Group has been formed with an aim to report current ACHD situation, needs, and opportunities in each CESE European country and within the region; to raise awareness amongst health care professionals, including cardiologists and government bodies of the growing ACHD population and highlight the need for on-going further investment in CESE Europe; to create a roadmap for ACHD care, training and education in CESE Europe.
The Study group has been formed on the initiative and supervision of Prof Gerhard-Paul DILLER.
Current members of the CESE ACHD Study Group:
- Iveta SIMKOVA (Slovakia) - Chair
- Margarita BRIDA (Croatia) - Co-Chair
- Petra ANTONOVA (Czech Republic)
- Hajnalka Olga BALINT(Hungary)
- Roxana ENACHE (Romania)
- Raili ERMEL (Estonia)
- Lina GUMBIENE (Lithuania)
- Ljiljana JOVOVIC (Serbia)
- Monika KOMAR (Poland)
- Tamara KOVACEVIC PRERADOVIC (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Pencho KRATUNKOV (Bulgaria)
- Ihor H. LEBID (Ukraine)
- Katja PROKSELJ (Slovenia)
- Agnese STRENGE (Latvia)
- Vladislav VUKOMANOVIĆ (Serbia)
A first face-to-face meeting has been organised in Bratislava to present and analyse the survey results on the delivery of ACHD care in each country, to identify areas that need improvement and to establish a basis for future collaboration between countries and WG ACHD alike.