Sophia Antipolis 12 Oct 2017: New research on cardiovascular disease is set to be revealed at the 28th Great Wall International Congress of Cardiology (GW-ICC).
GW-ICC is being held from 12 to 15 October 2017 in Beijing, China. Experts from the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) will present a special programme.1
Chinese researchers will present new data on hot topics including:
- Treatment of coronary artery disease
- Effect of exercise on blood pressure
- Mechanisms of diabetes mellitus development
- Stroke prevention
- Assessing the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Treatment of aortic stenosis
- Prevention of chemotherapy-induced cardiotoxicity
- Assessing the risk of acute myocardial infarction in atrial fibrillation patients
- Identification of significant coronary artery disease
- Mechanisms of heart failure development.
ESC representatives will discuss highlights from ESC Congress 2017 on imaging, heart failure, interventional cardiology, arrhythmias, prevention, and valvular heart disease.
Key messages from ESC Guidelines on ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction, valvular heart disease, peripheral arterial diseases, and atrial fibrillation will be presented by ESC leaders and discussed by GW-ICC speakers.
The event promises to shed light on the latest developments in cardiovascular disease in China. Stay tuned for a future press release on science from the congress.