ESC Congress 2017 will offer more than 500 scientific sessions exploring 163 topics organised under 9 topics.
All villages available: here
Most scientific sessions are hosted in themed topic related Villages:
• Basic science - Village 1
• Hypertension, Cardiovascular pharmacology - Village 2
• Cardiac imaging, e-Technology - Village 3, also featuring a special track on m-Health
• Prevention, Rehabilitation, Sports, Nursing - Village 4
• Arrhythmias, Pacing, Resynchronisation - Village 5
• Interventions, Peripheral circulation, Stroke, Surgery - Village 6
• Valvular disease, Pulmonary circulation, Myocardial-pericardial disease, Congenital heart disease and paediatric cardiology Valvular disease , pulmonary circulation , myocardial-pericardial disease, congenital heart disease and paediatric cardiology - Village 7
• Coronary artery disease, Acute coronary syndromes, Acute cardiac care - Village 8
• Heart failure (Chronic & Acute) - Village 9
Full topic list available: here
At this stage, more than 10 800 research abstracts were submitted from more than 109 countries across the globe and have been sent to the Reviewing Committee.
This year’s spotlight is “40 years of PCI”. Professor Stephan Achenbach, Chair of the Congress Programme Committee, said: “Percutaneous Coronary Interventions have had a tremendous impact on all aspects of cardiovascular care. These far-reaching transformations will be outlined with up-to-date presentations of leading interventional cardiologists from all over the world.”
At the heart of the Congress venue, The “Hub” remains the best way to take the pulse of Cardiology in 2017! Featuring sessions on original research, special programmes such as the ESC Cardiologists of Tomorrow Track, Scientists of Tomorrow, Debates, interactive sessions... an intense and close-up experience in an open design.
New this year: the "Spotlight Stage" will be found next to Village 6 Intervention. In a state of the art environment, using the latest audiovisual technology, the Spotlight Stage will host a serie of Live-in-the-box scenarios from International Centres throughout Europe as well as Interactive Great Debate Sessions.
The "Agora", our latest addition for learning environment, designed to host original research presentations and new tracks including Innovation Sessions.
An eCardiology programme to highlight the growing importance of eHealth in cardiology will be available, and over 14 sessions will be held as well as a dedicated environment in ESC Plaza.
Finally, The Poster Area will follow the successful pattern of the main congress topics, to provide a dynamic platform to exchange on novel research and science.
New types of sessions have been designed to offer more opportunities for exchange and interaction with experts in each domain including “Expert Advice” sessions, “Image Interpretation with the Masters”, “Let’s Talk Strategy” and much more.
ESC Congress 2016 in Rome hosted nearly 33 000 participants including more than 27 000 physicians and around 600 members of the press. Register online now to take part in the biggest cardiovascular event of the year.
Access more ESC Congress figures: here