Sophia Antipolis, 21 December 2021:
Lifestyle issues were popular this year, with pick up of the latest science published in ESC journals and presented at ESC Congress. Heart failure was also a hot topic, including ESC Guidelines on heart failure management.
The ESC stories that generated the most media coverage worldwide in 2021 were:
- Bedtime linked with heart health (European Heart Journal – Digital Health)
- Light-to-moderate coffee drinking associated with health benefits (ESC Congress)
- Trial reports first successful results for heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (ESC Congress)
- Mediterranean diet shows promise in men with erectile dysfunction (ESC Congress)
- Drinking sufficient water could prevent heart failure (ESC Congress)
- Being fat linked with worse heart health even in people who exercise (European Journal of Preventive Cardiology)
- Low-sodium salt prevents stroke (ESC Congress)
- Aspirin is linked with increased risk of heart failure (ESC Heart Failure)
- Study suggests women find it more difficult to quit smoking than men (ESC Congress)
- ESC Guidelines on heart failure management launched today (ESC Congress; European Heart Journal)
Check out all 2021 ESC press releases here.
Have a healthy and enjoyable holiday season. We look forward to sharing more ESC science with you in the New Year!