4 to 7 December in Vienna, Austria
Get ready for cutting edge developments at the intersect of digital health and cardiovascular imaging: EuroEcho 2019, a scientific congress of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).
Artificial intelligence (AI), deep learning, 3D printing, machine learning, and virtual reality are key themes.1-6 Professor Bernard Cosyns, EuroEcho Scientific Co-chair, said: “AI is the hottest topic across medicine. The meeting will showcase future uses of AI in imaging, such as phenotyping specific patient populations. Attendees will also witness interactive virtual reality allowing users to rotate images, swap between 2D and 3D, and make more accurate measurements.”
Explore the scientific programme of the world’s leading echocardiography congress. Held 4 to 7 December at the Reed Messe Wien GmbH in Vienna, Austria.
Novel research will be presented in a record-breaking number of abstracts and clinical cases – more than 1,300 in all. Among them:
- Can AI transform echocardiography training?
- Machine learning for point-of-care cardiac assessment.
- Virtual reality for education in congenital heart disease.
- Impact of bariatric surgery on the heart.
- Preventing heart damage from chemotherapy in cancer patients.
- Level of fitness needed to prolong life.
Stay tuned for late breaking science in a dedicated session with state-of-the-art discoveries in AI, valve disease, and left atrial function:
- AI to predict coronary artery disease from contrast and non-contrast stress echocardiograms.
- TRILUMINATE trial: edge-to-edge repair for patients with tricuspid regurgitation.
- MASCOT HIT study: the optimal method to assess left atrial function by speckle tracking echocardiography.
More than 4,000 healthcare professionals and scientists will attend from nearly 100 countries. Across four days and 160 scientific sessions, world leaders will discuss how echocardiography can help prevent and treat cardiovascular disease and what’s on the horizon in this field.
Not to miss: innovative developments in echocardiography.7 Ultrafast echocardiography offers novel possibilities for tissue characterisation and improved image quality. Theranostics is a new precision medicine approach which applies targeted therapy based on diagnostic tests; attendees will hear how ultrasound assists thrombus dissolution in the coronary arteries.
This year’s main themes are Cardiomyopathies and Imaging in Acute Cardiac Care. Professor Maurizio Galderisi, EuroEcho Scientific Co-chair, said: “Standard and advanced echocardiographic techniques are fundamental for diagnosis, risk stratification and management in both scenarios.”
Register as Press now to attend EuroEcho 2019 and receive press releases from the leading congress in echocardiography.