Sophia Antipolis, 17 June 2016: The press schedule for ESC Congress 2016 is announced today. Journalists are invited to attend six hot line session press conferences and four press conferences with the themes:
• Heart failure, challenges and solutions
• The cardiovascular risks of modern life
• Stroke and arrhythmia: life or death
• Preventing sudden death: diet or device
The press conference schedule is here
The scientific programme is here
The world's largest and most influential cardiovascular event features 500 expert sessions over five days. More than 500 journalists and 32 000 healthcare professionals from 140+ countries are expected to attend.
'The Heart Team', the spotlight of ESC Congress 2016 will highlight the cross-collaboration spirit of the ESC and its constituent bodies. In Rome, the importance of teamwork and interactions between all professionals and specialties involved in the fight against cardiovascular disease will be emphasised.
The highly anticipated late-breaking science presentations include 30 hot line presentations, 24 clinical trial updates, 24 registries and 12 basic and translational science hot lines. Novel science will also be revealed in the abstracts, of which the best have been selected from more than 11 000 submissions. More here...
Some 150 cardiovascular topics will be explored, with new tracks added on stroke, cardiac surgery, and e-cardiology. The latter will highlight state-of-the-art technologies in cardiology such as remote monitoring in heart failure, mobile health for hypertension control, and computer modelling in electrophysiology.
For the first time this year there will be a Gladiators Arena, located in The Hub, which will host interactive battles between leading keynote speakers on controversial issues. After the debate the audience will vote for the best argument presented. This is a great chance for members of the press to hear both sides of the story on hot topics.
Please consult the following practical information to help make your ESC Congress run smoothly.
GETTING TO FIERA DI ROMA
Fiumicino Airport is Rome’s main international airport and is the closest to Fiera di Roma. The FL1 regional train stops at the Fiera di Roma and continues on to the city centre.
For more information on travel options visit here.
BOOKING A HOTEL
For help finding a hotel that suits your needs, email email@example.com and say you are a member of the press.
Once you have gone through the main entrance (North) the press registration area will be located to your left. Retrieve your badge, congress bag and USB key containing your press book.
After registering, walk back and follow the “Press Area” signage. The ESC Press Office staff will assist you further.
• Press representatives who have pre-registered online (do it here) should pick up their purple access badge on-site at the Press Registration desk and collect a USB key containing a comprehensive Press Book. No press badges will be sent by post.
• We strongly encourage you to register online prior to the event to reduce waiting time on-site.
• Press representatives can register on-site free of charge at the Press Registration desk upon presentation of:
o A valid press identity card or appropriate letter of assignment with proof of three recent published articles (cardiology or health-related, or referring to a previous ESC Congress).
o A filled in and signed embargo form (PDF). Once filled in, it is valid for one calendar year (and therefore subsequent congresses up until 31 December).
• The ESC Press Office will verify all documents and advise if accreditation is validated. If not, other fees will apply. All decisions made by the ESC Press Office concerning press registration requests are final.
• Press registration opening hours:
o Friday 26 August 12:00 (noon) to 18:30
o Saturday 27 August 8:00 to 18:30
o Sunday 28 August 7:15 to 18:30
o Monday 29 August 7:15 to 18:30
o Tuesday 30 August 7:15 to 18:30
o Wednesday 31 August 8:00 to 13:00
PRESS FACILITIES AND SCHEDULE
• The ESC provides a fully equipped Press Centre and dedicated facilities for approximately 500-600 journalists attending ESC Congress 2016. This includes a Press Working Area, a Conference Room and two Interview Rooms for registered press.
• The Press Conference programme will begin on Saturday 27 August 2016 at 11:00 (Opening Press Conference) and continue throughout ESC Congress.
• There will also be a press conference in Italian on Thursday 25 August 2016 at 10:00 aimed at the local media. Venue to be confirmed in subsequent media alert.
• ESC Press Conferences are held in the ESC Press Conference Room.
• All Press Conferences will be live streamed. This means that they will only be available live and will not be online afterwards.
• The ESC Press Office does not send the Press Book under embargo. Press releases will be available online when the embargo is up and under embargo on a USB key only for those on-site.
• Press Centre opening hours:
o Friday 26 August 12:00 (noon) to 18:00
o Saturday 27 August 8:00 to 19:00
o Sunday 28 August 7:00 to 19:00
o Monday 29 August 7:00 to 19:00
o Tuesday 30 August 7:00 to 19:00
o Wednesday 31 August 8:00 to 13:00
ONLINE ESC PRESS OFFICE
• Daily updates, including the latest press releases and any changes to the press conference schedule, will be available on the press pages
• Join the conversation in Twitter using #ESCcongress
• The ESC will post daily updates on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Youtube)