According to article 5 of the ESC Media Policy, breaking of the embargo by a reporter leads to:
• Immediate suspension of the reporter’s media credentials
• Immediate barring of the reporter from the meeting premises
• Removal of the reporter’s name from the ESC Press distribution list for 1 year
• No access as a media representative to the following year’s ESC Congress
• No access as a media representative to any other congresses organized by the ESC for 1 year
• Media outlets that employ the reporter or who hired the freelancer to write for them will
be barred from accessing next year’s ESC Congress and from sending reporters to any other ESC organised congress for 1 year.
The ESC Press Office will enforce the media policy: Medscape Medical News reporters present at the ESC Congress 2012 have been asked to hand in their badges and leave the premises. All of the above will also be applied.
European Society of Cardiology