The ESC Code of Ethics includes the following:
ESC volunteers and employees must:
- Be honest and ethical in their conduct, including ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information entrusted to them by the ESC or its partners except when authorised or otherwise legally obliged to disclose.
- Deal fairly with ESC partners, suppliers, competitors, volunteers, and employees.
- Provide members with information that is accurate, completely objective, relevant, timely, and understandable.
- Proactively promote ethical behaviour as a responsible partner among peers in the work environment.
- Protect and ensure the proper use of the Society’s assets.
- Prohibit improper or fraudulent influence.