Elected Fellows of 2021
- Tarek Bekfani, Berlin, DE
- Jasper Brugts, Rotterdam, NL
- Giovanni Fazio, Palermo, IT
- Shahrukh Hashmani, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Prathap Kanagala, Wirral, UK
- Siti Nauli, Jakarta, ID
- Rarsari Soerarso Pratikto, Jakarta, ID
- Peter Rainer, Graz, AT
- Gustav Smith, Gothenburg, SE
- Vebiona Suranggayudha, Jakarta, ID
Rules for application
Only HFA Gold Members can become Fellows of the HFA.
Candidates must demonstrate their excellence in heart failure in at least one of these three domains:
- Research at national and/or international level
- Teaching and training
- Clinical care
The application period to become a Fellow of the Heart Failure Association is closed.
All Fellows of the HFA benefit from:
- the right to use FHFA after their name
- a special fee for Heart Failure congresses
- the rights of HFA Gold Members
- print copies of the European Journal of Heart Failure
- access to the annual HFA Compendium
- a certificate available in your MyESC account
It is truly an honour to be a Fellow of the HFA. It motivates me to aim for excellence and continue to strive for higher standards throughout the rest of my career.“
Markus Wallner – Fellow of the HFA
Interested in joining the prestigious Fellows community?
- Self nomination via link
- Nominee should be seconded by their Heart Failure National Society president
- References should be provided by the applicant's Heart Failure National Society
- All documents will then be considered by the HFA Credential Committee
Documents to supply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter from the president of the applicant's Heart Failure National Society
- One other reference (from someone of the applicant's choosing)
Both references should state the case for why a fellowship should be conferred.
- List of relevant publications/list of relevant grants
- Or evidence of teaching innovation
- Or clinical-care service development
Please note that all documents must be provided in English.
Annual fellowship dues for Fellows of the HFA
Annual dues are €288 per calendar year (from 1 January to 31 December).
The fee is to be paid once the Credential Committee has informed the candidate of their acceptance.
After 2 years of non-payment of fees, consecutively or not, the Fellow will be informed of his/her exclusion from the HFA Fellowship, unless payment is received within 3 months. His/her reintegration in the HFA Fellowship register will be accepted upon payment of all due fees.
A "pay in order" principle applies: the FHFA fee is due every year and one may only pay the FHFA fee of the given year.