Watch the webinar recording
During this webinar, the following topics will be discussed:
- Explanation of different mechanisms of atrial fibrillation (focal triggers, multiple waves, rotors)
- Ablation strategies for successful ablation of atrial fibrillation
- Different types of ablation energies (RF/laser/cryo) including their biophysics
- Different ablation devices (catheter, multi electrode device, balloon)
- Atrial fibrillation ablation: patient selection and results using different ablation energies and devices
At the end of the webinar, you should be able to explain:
- How to ablate patients with atrial fibrillation
- How to choose the type of energy delivery (RF/laser/cryo)
- How to choose the ablation device (catheter, multi electrode device, balloon)
- The outcome of atrial fibrillation ablation using different techniques and devices
Mattias Duytschaever and Matthias Antz
The EHRA Webinars are designed to help you improve your daily practice!
The format includes a case based presentation, online assessment and live discussions with the two key opinion leaders who will give you some useful tips for your daily clinical practice.
2012 HRS/EHRA/ECAS expert consensus statement on catheter and surgical ablation of atrial fibrillation: recommendations for patient selection, procedural techniques, patient management and follow-up, definitions, endpoints, and research trial design: a report of the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) Task Force on Catheter and Surgical Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation
2012 focused update of the ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation: an update of the 2010 ESCGuidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation: the Task Force for the Management of Atrial Fibrillation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).