We’re happy to report that Serbia Preventive Cardiology 2023, held in Belgrade, Serbia from 28 to 29 September, was a tremendous success!
This was a very first Congress on Preventive Cardiology organized by the working group on prevention and rehabilitation of cardiovascular disease of the Cardiology Society of Serbia. The Congress was established in 2021 as on-line event. Starting from this year it will be held every year at the end of September.
EAPC President Michael Papadakis warmly welcomed the participants and gave the welcome speech.
- Nearly 300 registered participants from the country
- 14 sessions involving 55 faculty covering public health, primary care, secondary prevention and rehabilitation as well as sports cardiology and exercise with the focus on risk reduction.
- Two sessions were dedicated to cardiovascular health in women.
Thanks to Professor Branko Beleslin, President of the ACC International Chapter of Serbia and Republic of Srpska and Professor Milan Nedeljkovic, editors of the book composed of 115 chapters on prevention - "Cardiologia Preventiva" was presented for the very first time during the Congress.
"You are all invited to join us next September and take part in Serbia Preventive Cardiology 2024!"
Assistant Professors Ivana Burazor, Marija Bjelobrk and Vojislav Giga
With all the support of the Cardiology Society of Serbia:
- Prof. Sinisa Stojkovic, Past-President and President of the Organizing Committee
- Prof. Anastazija Stojsic Millosavljevic, President
- Prof. Dragan Simic, President-elect