A 24-month programme mapped to the EAPCI curricula in 3 modules: knowledge, skills, and professionalism leading to a certificate of excellence in training in interventional cardiology.
- 48 educational courses
- 450 MCQs
- 7 EAPCI Core Curriculum topics covered
- 4 full clinical cases
- 150 to 200 procedures to record
- 24 months duration and much more...
To respond to educational demands, the EAPCI now offers an online education platform in interventional cardiology which implements the EAPCI curricula, to set the professional standards of cardiology practice and patient care. ESCeL enhances the value of ESC, EAPCI and PCR content and strengthens this speciality of cardiology via the delivery of curricula and the harmonisation of training.
It is open to EAPCI members interested to train in the field of percutaneous cardiovascular interventions or currently in training.
To ensure a fair process of training, each trainee must be validated along with his/her training director by a National Coordinator. For the time being, are able to access the platform EAPCI members from ESC Members, Affiliated Countries and GCC Countries.
Have a look on ESCeL
Need to find out more about:
- Annual fee
- Enrolment procedure
- Get started
This programme would not have been possible without the outstanding support and contribution of many groups and individuals. Our special thanks to those voluntary contributors for their time, commitment, dedication, and their continuous support to this great initiative:
- Lino Goncalves, ESC Education Committee / Education Online (EAPCI Training & Education Chair 2009-2014) and Martine Gilard (EAPCI Training & Education Co-Chair 2009-2014)
- Course authors having contributed to EAPCI courses on ESCeL:
Andreas Baumbach, Davide Capodanno, Giulio Guagliumi, Gregory Ducrocq, Javier Escaned, Jean Fajadet, Lino Goncalves, Marie-Claude Morice, Martine Gilard, Christoph Naber, Petr Kala, Stephan Roffi, Stephan Windecker
- MCQ review: Nicolas Brooks & MCQ writers group
- EAPCI Training & Education Committee members 2009-2011 and 2011-2014
- EAPCI Boards 2009-2011 and 2011-2014
- ESC Boards 2010-2012 and 2012-2014
- Authors of PCR-EAPCI Textbook: Erik Eeckhout, Patrick W. Serruys, William Wijns, Alec Vahanian, Marc Van Sambeek, Rodney de Palma
- Authors of Coronary Stenosis Book: Javier Escaned, Patrick W. Serruys
- Authors of the following ESC Guidelines:
- ESC Practice Guidelines on myocardial revascularization 2010
- ESC Practice Guidelines for the management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with ST-segment elevation 2012
- ESC Practice Guidelines for the management of acute coronary syndromes in patients presenting without persistent ST-segment elevation 2011
- ESC Practice Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2012
- ESC Practice Guidelines on Valvular Heart Disease (Management of) 2012
- ESC Practice Guidelines for the management of grown-up congenital heart disease (2010)
(Assisted locally by a committee formed by: Elisabete Jorge, Rui Baptista, Marco Costa, Luis Seca, Joana Silva, and Paula Mota).