The privileges of EACVI Fellowship
Fellows of the EACVI are granted the same benefits as EACVI Silver Members, plus the following EACVI Fellowship privileges:
- The right to use the 'FEACVI' distinction in signatures, CVs, EACVI-related scientific activities and documents
- Greater discounts than Silver Members on EACVI congresses (not including ICNC), EACVI products, certification exams, e-learning programmes and events
- Advantages at EACVI congresses
- Unlimited access to all resources on ESC 365, the cardiovascular knowledge hub
- Priority hotel booking
- Special badge at congresses
- Invitation to networking events
- Access to the EACVI Members Lounge
- Free access to live and on-demand webinars on ESC 365
- Complimentary print subscription to the European Heart Journal - Cardiovascular Imaging (includes online access)
- EACVI Fellows receive a certificate and their name is published on this page
How to become an EACVI Fellow
Requirements to become a Fellow of the EACVI
- Candidates must have been an EACVI Silver Member for at least one year at the time of application
- Candidates shall submit:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Copy of academic diploma (MD, PhD or equivalent)
- Physicians: Medical license
- Scientist: PhD
- Sonographers/nurses/other allied professionals: License in good professional standing
- Proof of publication in at least three peer-reviewed journals, with at least one where the candidate is the first or last author (original articles, excluding editorials, reviews, case reports)
- Two supporting letters
- One supporting letter from a FESC, FEACVI or EACVI Board Member from your country of work
- One supporting letter from a FESC, FEACVI or EACVI Board Member from any other country
- FESC will automatically be considered eligible but will have to complete the application procedure
Please note that all supporting documents must be provided in English.
The application period opens on 15 June and closes on 15 October each year.
When applying for the EACVI Fellowship online, please follow the process below:
- Review the documents requested and upload your files (all documents must be translated into English and should be submitted in PDF format)
- Submit your application before the deadline through your My ESC account
Applications should be made via the online submission system (no paper submissions will be accepted). The online application must contain all required documents in order to be processed.
The application deadline is 15 October (year N) for the EACVI Fellowship to be recognised in year N+1. The newly elected FEACVI will be informed in December, year N if their application has been approved or rejected.
All FEACVI privileges, benefits and duties formally begin on 1 January (year N+1). Upon notification, the newly elected EACVI Fellow should pay the fellowship fee as soon as possible and before 30 November (year N).
The candidate is informed by email of the acceptance/rejection of their application.
Applications submitted after the annual deadline will not be considered by the Credential Committee in charge, or by the EACVI Board.
Annual EACVI Fellowship fee
All EACVI Fellows must pay an annual FEACVI fee.
- €300 (incl. VAT) is payable by 30 November each year
- Only (year N) EACVI Silver Members may apply to be a Fellow of the following year (year N+1).
The yearly EACVI Fellowship fee is €300 and covers the period 1 January to 31 December (year N+1).
Newly selected FEACVI will receive a request for payment in November. The request for payment is mailed and payment must be received by 30 November to ensure the delivery of the European Heart Journal - Cardiovascular Imaging early January (year N+1).
If the fellowship fee remains unpaid on 1 January all fellowship privilieges and benefits are cancelled. After two years of non-payment of fees, consecutively or not, the Fellow will be informed of his/her exclusion from EACVI Fellowship unless payment is received within three months. Reintegration of an excluded fellow in the EACVI Fellowship register will be accepted upon payment of all fees due.
A ”pay in order” principle applies: the fellowship fee is due every year and one may only pay the fellowship fee of the given year, on payment of the fee of the previous year.
FEACVI fees are due annually.
Payments should be made by credit card, in euros only, through your My ESC account.
Honorary Fellows of the EACVI
In alphabetical order
|Fellow of the EACVI (Honorary)||Country||Election year|
|Luigi Paolo Badano||Italy||2019|
|Alan Fraser||United Kingdom||2019|
|Petros Nihoyannopoulos||United Kingdom||2019|
|Fausto Jose Pinto||Portugal||2019|
|Bogdan Alexandru Popescu||Romania||2019|
|Jose Luis Zamorano Gomez||Spain||2019|
Fellows of the EACVI
In alphabetical order
|Fellow of the EACVI||Country||Election year|
|Sabir Abdul Karim||Qatar||2020|
|Rafidah Abu Bakar||Malaysia||2020|
|Lamia Al Saikhan||United Kingdom||2020|
|Ahmed M Fareed Ali||Egypt||2020|
|Ana Maria G Almeida||Portugal||2019|
|Ben Ariff||United Kingdom||2020|
|Imre Sandor Benedek||Romania||2019|
|Chiara Bucciarelli-Ducci||United Kingdom||2021|
|Maria Sofia Cabral||Portugal||2022|
|Yousef Daryani||United Kingdom||2019|
|Monica Luiza de Alcantara||Brazil||2021|
|Bart De Boeck||Switzerland||2019|
|Antonio De Luca||Italy||2022|
|Giovanna Di Giannuario||Italy||2020|
|Giovanni Di Salvo||Italy||2019|
|Shady Gamal||Saudi Arabia||2022|
|Julia Grapsa||United Kingdom||2021|
|Rozita Jalalian||Iran (Islamic Republic of)||2021|
|Ruxandra Oana Jurcut||Romania||2020|
|Ugur Nadir Karakulak||Turkey||2020|
|Alexander Kharlamov||Netherlands (The)||2019|
|Shahbaz Ahmad Kureshi||Pakistan||2019|
|Minna Margareta Kylmala||Finland||2019|
|Carlos Alberto Luengas||Colombia||2020|
|Alicia Maria Maceira Gonzalez||Spain||2020|
|Ruchika Meel||South Africa||2020|
|Matthijs F L Meijs||Netherlands (The)||2021|
|Fathia Mghaieth Zghal||Tunisia||2020|
|Krzysztof Wiktor Michalak||Poland||2020|
|Andrew Robert J Mitchell||United Kingdom||2019|
|Mohammed Hassan Abdelrhman Mohammed||Saudi Arabia||2020|
|Sjoerd Mollema||Netherlands (The)||2019|
|Manish Motwani||United Kingdom||2020|
|Nabil Naser||Bosnia and Herzegovina||2019|
|Gaetano Nucifora||United Kingdom||2019|
|Bernard P Paelinck||Belgium||2019|
|Nikolaos Papamichael||United Kingdom||2019|
|Orlando Gabriel Perea||Argentina||2020|
|Steffen Erhard Petersen||United Kingdom||2020|
|Ihab Ramzy||United Kingdom||2020|
|Jose Fernando Rodriguez Palomares||Spain||2019|
|Jorge Guillermo Romero Farina||Spain||2019|
|Ahmad Salehi Omran||Canada||2019|
|Sennimalai Sankar||United Kingdom||2019|
|Mark Schuuring||Netherlands (The)||2021|
|Jadranka Separovic Hanzevacki||Croatia||2021|
|Mahmoud Neseem AbdElkawy Shaaban||Egypt||2020|
|Hatem Soliman Aboumarie||United Kingdom||2020|
|Elizabeta Srbinovska-Kostovska||North Macedonia||2019|
|Sebastian Streukens||Netherlands (The)||2020|
|Samir Sulemane||United Kingdom||2021|
|Martin Swaans||Netherlands (The)||2022|
|Mahmood Tabandeh||Iran (Islamic Republic of)||2020|
|Guy Van Camp||Belgium||2019|
|Nico Van De Veire||Belgium||2021|
|Pieter Van Der Bijl||South Africa||2021|
|Ivo Van Der Bilt||Netherlands (The)||2019|
|Jolanta Justina Vaskelyte||Lithuania||2020|
|Lodewijk Wagenaar||Netherlands (The)||2020|
|Justine Yap||United Kingdom||2020|
|Wisam Yassi||Netherlands (The)||2020|
|Anthony Yip||South Africa||2019|