The complete basic echocardiography course consists of 16 slide sets (chapters) with the following themes
The association is pleased to provide you with access to four chapters for free:
- Standardized sectional planes
- Physics of echocardiographic imaging
- Rheology of blood flow
- Introduction to Doppler echocardiography
The EACVI basic echocardiography course includes 12 more chapters available for EACVI Silver Members and FEACVI.
Anatomical structures of the heart
Improvements of image quality and documentation
- Equipment settings and artefacts
- The advanced basic of the standardized investigation in echocardiography
- Possible errors and misleading interpretation
Evaluation of the mitral and aortic valves
Evaluation of the diastolic and systolic function
- Echocardiography in hypertension
The EACVI offers an international accreditation for competence in documenting transthoracic echocardiography in adults. This accreditation procedure includes a written examination testing theoretical and practical issues of echocardiography.
This course also offers EACVI Members information about the basics of transthoracic echocardiography – i.e. the content of the catalogue checked in the written examination.
The basic online echocardiography course has been developed by Prof. Andreas Hagendorff, and its content has been reviewed by Dr. Madalina Garbi on behalf of the EACVI education committee.