The annual congress of the Association of Cardiovascular Nursing and Allied Professions (ACNAP) gives you the latest insights into your favourite topics in cardiovascular care.
ACNAP Silver Members enjoy significant savings and a special congress experience! Not a Silver Member yet? Find out more and join now.
Attending ACNAP Congress 2023 in Edinburgh?
There are a few activities and stops you should definitely make time for while you’re at ACNAP Congress 2023.
Pre-conference workshops are small focus sessions on a specific topic, organised on Thursday, 22 June, the day before ACNAP 2023 congress.
When: 22 June
- How to make a good graphical abstract
- Patient and public involvement in cardiovascular care
- Meet the mentors
There are only few places left!
ACNAP Congress Welcome Reception and EJCN Award Ceremony
The ACNAP Board and EJCN Editorial Board are delighted to welcome you to the world famous Edinburgh Castle for the A
When: 23 June from 19.00
Where: Edinburgh Castle
Guest tickets also available!
Career Counselling Sessions
New this year! Get career advice from renowned experts in their field during two counselling sessions in Edinburgh.
When: 23 June and 24 June
- Session 1 : Time matters: tips and tricks to manage acute conditions
- Session 2 : Tips and tricks on leading the multidisciplinary team
The ACNAP Corner is the place to get informed about ACNAP activities and its membership and network with other delegates.
- Collect your congress goodies
- A selfie wall with fun accessories will be there so bring your colleagues and go home with a souvenir of your time in Edinburgh
The ACNAP corner is located on the level -2, in the exhibition area.
ACNAP Members Lounge
The ACNAP Members Lounge has one mission: to help you relax and recharge.
- Enjoy a free cup of coffee while you chat with old and new friends
- Meet key opinion leaders
- Celebrate being together with free ice cream !
- Get your hands on an ACNAP ribbon
- Show your skills on a piano!
- Meet our volunteers & their Therapets (dogs trained to provide affection, comfort and support to people) from 12pm to 1pm.
Ice Cream Happy Hour
ACNAP Silver Members can enjoy free ice cream daily during afternoon breaks.
Where: ACNAP Members Lounge, level +1
ACNAP General Assembly
ACNAP Members attending the congress are invited to the ACNAP General Assembly, which is an opportunity to find out more about ACNAP and its leadership.
When: 24 June from 14:30 to 15:15
Where: Room 2, level -2
- ACNAP Activities Summary 2022-2023
- ACNAP Membership
- Budget Report 2022-2023
- Question &answer
ACNAP meeting point
Meet colleagues, expand your network, find peers for coffee or dinner or join forces and discover the city of Edinburgh. Look for the « ACNAP Meeting Point » sign and enjoy a new experience during the congress!
When: 23 June
- At 8:00 am : let's start the day together and go on the tour with our Young Community (YoCo) Committee Chair, Ana Filipa Gomes.
- From 17:30 : let's gather towards the end of the day to discuss your first impressions of the congress.
- Main entrance / registration area, level 0
- In front of the 'Ideas Wall', located in the registration area, level 0
ACNAP Young Community (YoCo) meet-up
Our ACNAP Young Community (YoCo) Committee Chair, Ana Filipa Gomes, is inviting the young community members to meet-up at the end of the first day to network and enjoy the city for a drink!
When: 23 June at 17:30
Where : In front of the 'Ideas Wall', located in the registration area, level 0
ACNAP National Societies meet-up
Our ACNAP National Cardiovascular Nursing Societies Committee Chair, Michela Barisone, is inviting all the National Societies representatives to meet-up & exchange on key topics during the ACNAP Congress.
When: 24 June at 9:45
Where: ACNAP Corner, level -2
Wear red on Saturday 24 June to support the British Heart Foundation
The ACNAP will be raising funds for the British Heart Foundation through various fundraising activities taking place during the congress. Wear red on Saturday to support the cause and start your fundraising today by creating your page and raising vital funds for this fantastic charity.
More info HERE
Other unmissable activities during your stay in Edinburgh
- Wednesday 21 June : EICC Live: Healthy Heart : join the next EICC Live session in collaboration with the ESC. Our expert panel, in the fields of public and cardiovascular health will present how changing policy around social and environmental factors can improve our heart health.
- Thursday 22 June : ACNAP 5k fun run for British Heart Foundation : lace up your running shoes and join us at 10:00:00 GMT at Melville Drive, Edinburgh, EH9 1ND.
- Thursday 22 June : ACNAP walking history tour of Edinburgh : at 10:00 AM, we'll be meeting at the Scott Monument in Princes Street Gardens, Edinburgh, EH2 2EJ to embark on a journey through the fascinating history of this amazing city! Get ready for an excting adventure with ACNAP till noon!