2022 Scientific Exchange Grant
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
A 2,500€ grant will be attributed to selected members of the Working Group to cover travelling and accommodation costs to work for a minimal period of 1 month in a host institution of a different European country.
Candidates must be active in the area of cellular cardiac electrophysiology. All early career investigators, including PhD students and postdocs, are considered eligible candidates, but they must be accepted members of the Working Group on Cardiac Cellular Electrophysiology (EWGCCE). Previous SEG recipients are not eligible.
Candidates should move to a host laboratory different from their current laboratory and to a European country different from where their current laboratory is located. Current institution and host institution must be located in ESC Member Countries.
- 11 October 2021: opening of online applications
- 16 January 2022: deadline for online applications
- 21 February 2022: results of selection process
- Before end of March 2022: selected applicants must have confirmed acceptance of the grant, and the actual exchange must be undertaken in the 12 following months.
Candidates must fill-in the online application form including:
- Information on candidate current research in the field of cardiac electrophysiology (300 words)
- Details of candidate proposed project (300 words)
- A statement on how candidate intends to use the SEG (300 words)
- A statement that, if candidate do not use the SEG within 12 months after the official awarding date, she/he will be considered to have refused the SEG and no payment will be made
And provide the following supporting documents:
- A one-page curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- A letter of support from the host institution
- A letter of support from current institution
- All information and supporting PDF documents requested in the application form are mandatory
- Only application in English language will be accepted
The review process will be coordinated by a panel of 2 members of the ESC Working Group on Cardiac Cellular Electrophysiology Nucleus, who will assess the eligibility of the candidate and host institution and select appropriate external reviewers (outside of the Nucleus). Panel members may not be involved in any of the submitted applications, either as the applicant's supervisor or as the proposed host institution.
The grading will have four items to score:
- Quality of the application
- The scientific value of the proposed visit and value for the candidate’s future research career
- Suitability of host laboratory
- Value for the working group´s objectives
Based on the scores, the WG Chairperson-Elect makes a proposal of the candidates to receive the award(s) that will be discussed and validated by the nucleus. The WG Chairperson will sign the letters to the awardees.
If an awardee does not use the grant within 12 months after the official date of awarding the grant for the purpose of visiting the host institution, the awardee will be considered to have refused the grant.
The 2022 winners are Francesca Margara (UK) and Eleonora Torre (FR). Congratulations to them and thank you to all candidates.
Payment of the Scientific Exchange Grant
The first payment, amounting 60% of the SEG, will be made on the starting date of the visit to the Host Institution (candidate should email copy of electronic transportation tickets to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to departure) and the remaining 40% will be paid once the grantee has provided a final report (1-2 pages) signed by the Director of the Host Centre is delivered to the EWGCCE Chair by email.
- Miss Eleonora Torre Read his report
- Mr Mani Sadredini Read his report
- Dr. María Fernández Velasco
- Dr Aurore Lyon Read her report