In order to bring you the best possible user experience, this site uses Javascript. If you are seeing this message, it is likely that the Javascript option in your browser is disabled. For optimal viewing of this site, please ensure that Javascript is enabled for your browser.
Did you know that your browser is out of date? To get the best experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version. Learn more.

Mobility Travel Grant (MTG)

Working Group on Myocardial & Pericardial Diseases

The European Society of Cardiology (ESC) supports the future of cardiovascular medicine. Each year the ESC provides €2 million in grants, fellowships, and scholarships.

The ESC Working Group on Myocardial and Pericardial Diseases is proud to offer a grant of €2,500 to selected applicants to cover travelling and accommodation costs to work for a minimal period of one month in an institution of a different European Country.

For 2021, and exceptionally, grant applications can be submitted based on a national exchange, where international exchange is not possible due to pandemic mobility restrictions.

Applications are closed for 2021.



Objectives and principles

The objective of the Mobility Travel Grant (MTG) is to strengthen relations between Research Institutions of different European countries. For this, a €2,500 grant will be attributed to selected applicants of the ESC Working Group on Myocardial & Pericardial Diseases to cover travelling and accommodation costs to work for a minimum period of one month.

For 2021, and exceptionally, grant applications can be submitted based on a national exchange, where international exchange is not possible due to pandemic mobility restrictions.

Eligibility criteria

Candidates must be active in the area of cardiovascular sciences either in the experimental or clinical field.

At the time of the application deadline, candidates must not be older than 40 years old and must be accepted members of WG on Myocardial & Pericardial Diseases. Previous MTG recipients are not eligible.

Candidates should move into a host laboratory different from their current laboratory. Current Institution and host Institution must be located in ESC Member Countries.

Submit your application

Read more and apply by clicking on the “New Application” link and by selecting from the available Application Forms the Working Group’s Mobility Travel Grant.

Key dates

Deadline for applications: 20 January 2021

Grants must be accepted before 31 March 2021, and the actual exchange must be undertaken in the 12 months following acceptance of the grant.

Payment of the Mobility Travel Grant

The first payment, amounting 60% of the grant, will be made on the starting date of the visit to the Host Institution (candidate should email copy of electronic transportation tickets to workinggroups@escardio.org prior to departure) and the remaining 40% will be paid once the final report (1-2 pages), signed by the Director of the Host Centre is delivered to the Working Group by email.

Results

Announcement: 11 March 2021