2022 Mobility Travel Grant
A 2,500€ grant will be attributed to selected members of the Working Group to cover travelling and accommodation costs to work for a minimum period of one month in a host institution.
Candidates must be active in the area of coronary pathophysiology and microcirculation, either in the experimental or clinical field, and the research project and visit should fit the objectives of the Working Group.
At the time of the application deadline, candidates must not be older than 40 years old and must be accepted members of the Working Group on Coronary Pathophysiology & Microcirculation for at least three months before the call is launched. Previous MTG recipients are not eligible.
Candidates should move into a host laboratory different from their current laboratory. Current Institution and host Institution must be located in ESC member countries.
- 11 October 2021: opening of online applications
- 16 January 2022: deadline for online applications
- 7 March 2022: results announcement
- 31 March 2022: selected applicants must have confirmed acceptance of the grant, and the actual exchange must be undertaken in the 12 following months.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Candidates must fill-in the online application form including:
- Information on candidate activity in the area of cardiovascular sciences (300 words)
- Details of candidate project (300 words)
- A statement on how candidate intend to use the MTG (300 words)
- A statement that, if candidate do not use the MTG within 12 months after the official awarding date, she/he will be considered to have refused the MTG and no payment will be made
And provide the following supporting documents:
- A one page Curriculum Vitae and a list of publications
- A letter of support from the host institution
- A letter of support from your current institution
- All information and supporting PDF documents requested in the application form are mandatory
- Only application in English language will be accepted
Selection will be made by a review panel – with a mixed expertise - and the grading will have 4 items to score:
- suitability /appropriateness and quality (CV-basis) of the candidate
- scientific value of the proposed visit and value for the candidate’s future research career
- quality and suitability of host laboratory
- value for the Working Group´s objectives
Based on the scores, a short list of candidates will be presented to the Working Group Nucleus for final decision.
If one awardee does not use the MTG within 12 months after the official date of awarding the MTG for the purpose of visiting the host institution, the awardee will be considered to have refused the MTG.
The 2022 winners are Umberto Barbero (IT) and Alexandr Ceasovschih (RO). Congratulations to them and thank you to all applying candidates
Payment of the Mobility Grant
The first payment, amounting 60% of the MTG, will be made on the starting date of the visit to the Host Institution (candidate should email copy of electronic transportation tickets to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to departure) and the remaining 40% will be paid once the final report (1-2 pages), signed by the Director of the Host Centre is delivered to the Working Group by email.
Previous Mobility Travel Grants (MTG) were offered to:
- Assist. Prof. Alexandr Ceasovschih (2021-2022) Read the report
- Dr Stefan Simovic (2020-2021)
- Miss Ana Vavlukis (2019-2020) Read the report
- Mrs. Alina Scarlatescu (2018-2019) Read the report
Testimonial from Miss Ana Vavlukis
As a young and eager researcher, I have always wanted to broaden my research interests. After drafting my PhD project, I came to realize that one of the crucial steps in the proteomic analysis of LDL-C/non-HDL-C is isolation of the blood lipoproteins, with a methodology that is not yet developed in my country. As a result, I started looking for a place where I can do my separation/isolation and learn the technique enough to transfer and applicate back home.
Being acquainted with the work of Prof. Dr. Lina Badimon and the Catalan Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, and their expertise in the field of proteomics, I decided to find a way to visit the institution and learn from experts.
My membership in the ESC Working group on Coronary Pathophysiology & Microcirculation led me to the Mobility Travel Grant, which I saw as a unique opportunity to fulfill my research targets. Given that young students, like myself, have limited resources and founds, I could not wait to apply and get a step closer to my study goals.