About the programme
The European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI) offers one Trialist Grant of €25,000 for a specialised research training in an ESC Member Country in interventional cardiology.
Applicants eligible for the Trialist Grant programme must be:
- Citizen or resident for tax purposes of a country which is a regular ESC Member Country (see Rules & Regulations)
- Medical graduate or science graduate
- Under 40 years of age at the day of application deadline
- EAPCI member
- Be fluent in the language of the host centre (B2 level in most countries)
- Have an interest in trial design/management
- Have a preliminary agreement with a potential host center AND a potential tutor
You can find a list of center in the CatGo database at this link : https://www.escardio.org/Research/Research-and-training-directory-in-interventional-cardiology
- Applicants doubting about their eligibility are advised to contact the EAPCI prior to submitting an application.
- Applicants are advised to read the Rules and Regulations before submitting an application.
- The EAPCI Fellowship Committee reserves the right to propose an alternative centre.
- Important: grant allocation will be subject to visa acceptance (when needed).
Read the rules and regulations carefully for the Trialist Grant programme (available next september 2019)
Host centre Tutor eligible for the Trialist Grant programme must meet the following criteria:
- have been PI before and for at least 2 years (completed) and published large multicentric international randomized interventional cardiology clinical trials (defined as minimum 10 centers in minimum 4 countries with minimum 12M follow-up)
- be currently acting as PI for a running clinical trial with the same conditions, being in the enrollment phase
The host centre can also offer interventional training to the candidate as long as it does not exceed 50% of the weekly activity.
Application for individuals
The application period is now opened.
- Application is done via an online form exclusively. Applications by email or paper applications will NOT be accepted.
- To access the application online form please log in to your "MY ESC" account and select "New Application " in the "Grant' section.
IMPORTANT : The EAPCI Trialist Grant application form will be visible and accessible over the application period only if you fulfill the eligibility criteria. If you cannot access but believe that you are eligible, check your 'MY ESC' account to ensure that your information is accurate and then contact the EAPCI to explain your situation.
Make sure to choose the category "Associations" and Sub-category " European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI)".
Enrolment forms & Rules and Regulations
One single joint application is expected from the candidate and the host centre. Candidates are responsible for asking the host centre to fulfill the relevant part of the application form.
- Download and fill in the application form
- Provide a recommendation letter and a resume
- Applications should be submitted with a digital signature
- Submit your application at EAPCI@escardio.org
- Applications received after the closing date and/or that are incomplete will not be accepted.
Application for Centres
The application period is now closed.
One single joint application is expected from the candidate and the host centre. Host centres should receive the form to be completed directly from the candidate and are requested to complete their part and send it back to the candidate who will be responsible to submit it to EAPCI@escardio.org.
EAPCI Education and Training Grant programme
Interested in training? Find out more about the EAPCI Education and Training Grant Programme