The WG on Thrombosis of the ESC wishes to support education of young scientists (< 35 years of age) in the field of atherothrombosis by financial support of training in basic research techniques at well-known high quality research laboratories.
The GREAT award represent a maximum of 12,000 EUR (roughly 2,000 per month) per awardee and can be given to 2 applicants each year.
DEADLINE for APPLICATION is JUNE 15 of each year.
Conditions for applications are as follows:
All conditions must be met for application to the travel stipend
- Applicant is involved in basic research in atherothrombosis
- Applicant has a written invitation from a well-known basic research laboratory for education in a specific basic research technique
- The participation in such an educational program is confirmed and supported by the director of the home division/department
- The application letter must include a description of the new technique, its potential benefits for the home division/department, and planned scientific projects
- The application must state the maximum time of the proposed educational program
- The applicant must provide written confirmation that she/he is not supported by another grant or sponsorship
Selection of awardees
- Applications should be emailed to the ESC Office for WORKING GROUPS with all the recommendend material
- The header for the message should be „Application for WG on Thrombosis GREAT Award“
- Applications that are incomplete will not be considered
- If the number of applicants exceeds 2, the selection committee will select recipients of the award by majority decision
- All selected awardees will be notified within 3 months of application (latest September 15)