The European Society of Cardiology EORP registry programme would not exist without our sponsors. It is their contribution that has allowed our programme to develop into a vast area of research in the field of cardiology. It must be borne in mind that all the cardiologists who contribute their time and energy to the enrolment of patients and completion of CRFs, do this on a purely voluntary basis, and it is sponsor investment that allows us to continue to develop this important partnership.
Sponsors have access to the widest cardiovascular network around the world. Consequently, by supporting the registry programme, sponsors multiply their possibilities of research, with the aim of improving healthcare worldwide.
High-quality observational data, collected following robust and methodological procedures, is scientifically important as a basis for educational programmes and for the development of guidelines that meet the needs of physicians in the field. The data produced by the ESC EORP are shared on a large scale with the scientific/medical community via publications, posters and presentations.
The Scope of EORP Sponsorship
Our registries fall into one of two domains: Clinical and Prevention. Sponsorship of the ESC EORP is a global sponsorship of the entire programme, and sponsors can invest in either or both of these domains, but with no exclusivity given to a particular registry or sponsor.
The sponsor contract is for three years renewable, and as mentioned above, will cover one or both of the EORP domains.
In addition, Sponsors have access to a series of benefits, outlined below:
The Benefits of Sponsorship
Depending upon their level of sponsorship, sponsors can gain a wide range of benefits, as shown below. There are three levels of sponsorship: Gold, Silver and Bronze.
- Propose specific data to be collected (a limited amount) in the Case Report Forms.
- Early access to the Protocol before finalisation, for comments.
- Access to the full registry status page on the EORP website, with real-time status per country and various analyses and benchmarks.
- The possibility of requesting ancillary analyses and specific statistics.Face to face meeting(s) with the EORP management group (Scientific Director, Head of Department, committees experts), for status reviews of the relevant registries.
- Participation in the yearly sponsor meeting(s) with diverse committees.
- Acknowledgement of their contribution in the relevant section of all publications and related communications.
Through the EORP registries, sponsors benefit from our added value, for example:
- Worldwide data (more than 70 countries have participated in at least one registry since 2009).
- Central control and monitoring of data.
- A professional team participating and coordinating the delivery of reliable data to local health authorities and regulatory bodies by an independent, expert source (the ESC).
- A professional support structure for all partners (Executive Committees, national coordinators and investigators)
- Protocol and CRF prepared by an Executive Committee of experts in the domain of the registry.
- Centralised on-line data collection.
- Quality control of the data collected.
- Data analyses.
- A reliable and up-to-date view of the European and worldwide epidemiology of cardiovascular risk factors, diseases and diagnostic/therapeutic processes.
If you have an individual request regarding sponsorship of the EORP, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
EORP Clinical Programme
- Boehringer Ingelheim Int. GmbH
- Novartis Pharma AG
- The Bristol Myers Squibb and Pfizer alliance
- Daiichi Sankyo Europe GmbH
- Abbott Vascular
- Boeringer Ingelheim
EORP Prevention Programme (EuroAspire V)
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Pfizer Ltd
- Novo Nordisk