The European Heart Journal – Imaging Clinical Practice (EHJ–ICP), is an open-access journal of the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging, a subspecialty association of the European Society of Cardiology dedicated to the advancement of knowledge in the field of cardiovascular imaging
Aims and scope
The European Heart Journal – Imaging Clinical Practice (EHJ-ICP) will be an open-access, international, peer-reviewed journal that will be rapidly and freely available, accelerating the translation of strong science into effective practice, and covering the entire spectrum of imaging in clinical practice.
EHJ-ICP shall encourage correspondence, debate and digital interaction with its readers, and offer free content to read, share, and facilitate dissemination of basic and clinical research and its translation into effective practice.
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate shall be a highly regarded, international expert in the field of cardiovascular imaging, with wide experience as an author, reviewer and editor/associate editor. They will also be recognised for their leadership skills and ability to build successful working relationships.
An enthusiastic and experienced cardiologist who has extensive experience being a journal editor would make an ideal candidate, reflecting the role of EHJ-ICP in helping advance the global cardiovascular health community’s knowledge in all aspects of cardiovascular imaging.
The successful candidate must also be a member of the EACVI.
- Working with the EACVI, the ESC and the publisher to develop and implement a strategic plan for EHJ-ICP, to ensure it meets agreed short- and long-term goals
- Enhancing and managing a team of handling editors and an international editorial board with clear responsibilities and roles
- Ensuring fast, efficient, fair, and transparent peer review
- Establishing high editorial and publishing standards for EHJ-ICP commissioned key articles (e.g. editorials and reviews) as required
- Stimulating submission of high-quality data from relevant trials and other key research
- Promoting the journal to peers, e.g. through attendance at key webinars and, when possible, in-person conferences
- Supporting efforts to grow the journal’s readership and usage
- Working with the publisher’s special sales department including the approval of any proposed adverts
- Representing EHJ-ICP on the board of the EACVI in an ex-officio capacity and contributing to the development of an overall strategy for the EACVI.
- Joining the ESC Publications Committee and contributing to the development of an overall strategy for the ESC journal family
How to apply
Prospective candidates must submit their formal Intention to apply to the ESC Publications Department by 4 September 2022.
Contact: Ismahen OUKHAI
Telephone: +33 (0)4 92 94 86 39
A candidate brief with details required for a formal application shall be supplied.
Applicants receiving the candidate brief must submit their formal application by 11 September 2022.