“Keeping our members up to date and feeling confident about applying the latest recommendations is vital, which is why the ESC is launching a brand-new webinar series to help you understand how the recommendations were constructed (the evidence behind the guidelines) and explore their clinical applications using a case-based approach.” Susanna Price, ESC Education Committee Chair.
Each guideline will, in turn, be the focus of these ESC webinars. The series is designed for practising general cardiologists to understand better the impact of guideline changes on their day-to-day practice and also for those working in subspecialty areas where they need to know key changes in guidelines, outside their main area of expertise.
ESC Associations, Councils and Working Groups will then bring you additional webinars, designed for specialists and experts in the given field, as well as general cardiologists seeking more in-depth knowledge on that particular topic.
Before attending the webinar, if you have time, read the full texts or watch the relevant presentations. Most importantly, come ready to participate in the live programme with key opinion leaders who will be pleased to answer your questions.
- 8 September - What we need to know before cancer therapy.
- 12 September - Who needs cardiovascular surveillance after cancer treatment?
- 19 September - How to manage cancer therapy-related cardiovascular toxicity
- 26 September - How to organise cardiovascular monitoring during cancer treatment: who, when and how.
Diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension
Cardiovascular assessment and management of patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery
- 10 October - Preoperative risk assessment of patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery.
- 17 October - Perioperative management of antithrombotic therapy and thromboprophylaxis before non-cardiac surgery.
- 24 October - Perioperative management of patients with specific diseases undergoing non-cardiac surgery.