ESC Educational Programme
All ESC educational activities are:
- focused on the latest ESC Practice Guidelines
- mapped on the ESC Core Curriculum, ensuring coherence of the global offer
- case-based and developed with experts
- online and interactive
- evidence-based and driven by participants educational needs
In view of ensuring the move towards increasing evidence-based initiatives and needs-driven assessment, the ESC has also initiated an overall needs assessment for cardiac education and performance improvement. This overall needs assessment is aimed at further understanding the ESC members' educational needs in the following key domains:
- educational and performance gaps and needs
- clinical practice realities
- issues and obstacles inherent to the working system and context for Cardiologists
- research challenges in Cardiology
All ESC educational programmes are, where appropriate, submitted to the UEMS-EACCME* for CME/CPD accreditation.
* The European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME ) is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS ) responsible for the evaluation and accreditation of Medical Education Programmes.
Scope of the ESC educational offer
The ESC Educational Programme offers the following initiatives to its members:
- ESC eLearning platform (ESCeL)
Over 250 interactive courses in General Cardiology based on the ESC core curriculum are available to members. Participants can use this web-based tool to test their knowledge, update their skills and continue their professional development.
- ESC Webinar Series in general cardiology (live webinars from September to June)
Interactive and case-based presentations from Key Opinion Leaders based on the latest ESC Practice Guidelines. Participants are invited to answer Multiple Choice Questions before and after the live to test their knowledge, as well as during the live to promote interactivity. An online Questions and Answer platform allows participants to ask case-related questions to the key opinion leaders, who provide answers live.
- ESC Webinars on demand
All webinars from 2011 are available on demand for members wishing to watch past webinars at their own pace, use them as an educational support during lectures or simply watch a presentation again for more information.
- ESC Clinical Case Gallery
Participants access real and typical case scenarios to refresh their competences and test their knowledge (MCQs). Cardiologists are invited to contribute to the ESC Clinical Case Gallery by submitting new clinical cases.
If you have an individual request on sponsorship opportunities of the ESC Educational Programme, please contact email@example.com.