Needs assessment and educational expected outcome
The 2019 ESC Guidelines on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute Pulmonary Embolism (PE) have been published. They provide detailed information and recommendations on management of PE, including optimal diagnostic strategy, risk stratification, initial and long-term treatment. However, these guidelines need to be implemented into a daily clinical practice.
- handle PE management after a patient’s discharge;
- recommend treatment options including duration and mode of anticoagulation;
- assess the long-term risks of PE recurrence and bleeding;
- follow indications for thrombophilia and neoplasm screening;
- understand the concept of post-PE syndrome; and
- comprehend recommendations for CTEPH screening, diagnoses and treatment.