- The participant should be able to diagnose the major pericardial disease entities in general and constrictive and constrictive-effusive pericarditis in particular
- is aware of the patient‘s symptoms pathology, aetiology and pathophysiology underlying the different pericardial syndromes and pericardial constriction
- interprets relevant diagnostic measures such as relevant laboratory investigations and imaging methods (echocardiography, MRI, CT)
- knows medical and interventional treatment options (pericardiocentesis, pericardioscopy, Intra pericardial treatment and cardiac surgery)
- respects the limits of management in his practice and is able to refer the individual patient to specialised centres with a heart team including cardiac surgery.
General cardiology webinars on-demand are now exclusively CME accredited for ESC Professional & Professional Plus Members.