This course is dedicated to doctors, either in training or consultants, interested in improving their knowledge and skills in 2D and 3D echocardiography. This course will also serve those who aim to obtain the EACVI certification in TOE.
The course comprises a mix of lectures, case-based presentations with multiple-choice questions, and two types of hands-on practical workshops: image acquisition and optimisation on TOE simulators; and image post-processing performed by attendees on dedicated workstations and guided by faculty.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be better able to:
- recognise the main clinical indications for a TOE study
- assess valvular and ventricular function using 2D and 3D TOE
- understand the added value of 3D echo over conventional 2D and Doppler TOE
- acquire basic skills in probe manipulation and 2D TOE image acquisition
- optimise 3D TOE acquisition and analysis
- integrate information from 2D and 3D TOE for patient selection and guidance for interventional procedures for structural heart disease
The course is designed for:
- Echocardiographers interested in advancing their knowledge in 2D and 3D transesophageal echocardiography and improving their practical skills in image acquisition, analysis and interpretation
- Cardiologists and non-cardiologists interested in acquiring basic knowledge in the main indications, acquisition, interpretation and added value of 2D and 3D transoesophageal echocardiography (e.g. cardiologists in training, multimodality imaging specialists, interventional cardiologists, anaesthesiologists, cardiac surgeons, critical care, emergency physicians, etc).
An application will be made to the EACCME® for CME accreditation of this event.
Course Directors: Nina Ajmone Marsan (NL) , Erwan Donal (FR), Bogdan A. Popescu (RO)
Access the programme
The programme may be subject to change.
Hermitage Hotel Prague
128 00 Prague
Two options are available:
- Option 1 – Registration to the Basic and Advanced Courses which includes:
- Course participation
- 3 nights' accommodation (from 20 to 23 October) at Hermitage Hotel Prague
- 3 lunches, 5 coffee breaks, 1 dinner
- Option 2 – Registration to the Advanced Course only, which includes:
- Course participation
- 2 nights' accommodation (from 21 to 23 October) at Hermitage Hotel Prague
- 2 lunches, 3 coffee breaks, 1 dinner
Note: No transportation is provided from the airport to the course venue.
|Registration fees (including 20% VAT)
||Option 1: Registration for basic and advanced courses
||Option 2: Registration for advanced course only
|EACVI Silver Member
|FEACVI and EACVI Silver Member below 40 years old, in training, nurse, technician
Not a member yet? Join the EACVI today.
Up to six weeks before the course and upon receipt of written cancellation, a refund of fees minus a 25% administrative charge will be processed. No refund will be granted if the cancellation is made less than six weeks before the course start date.
The ESC reserves the right to cancel any of its educational programmes up to 1 (one) month before the programme starting date, in the event, there are fewer than 25 persons registered for it. In such a case, the full registration fee will be refunded to the registered participant, but the ESC shall not be liable for any cost incurred by the cancellation of accommodation and travel arrangements.