Reduction of cardiovascular disease burden by pharmacotherapy is a multistep approach, which requires:
- the identification of new potential drugs;
- testing new potential pharmacological compounds in a trial setting;
- regulatory approval;
- implementation of therapies in clinical practice.
The specific aim of the All About Clinical Trials course is to improve competency and confidence in:
- Designing and planning successful clinical trials;
- Evaluating and following the correct processes and regulatory procedures (GCP certificate included);
- Effectively analysing and interpreting trial data through highly interactive workshops.
Conference scientific committee
- Prof. Sven Wassmann, Germany
- Prof. Gianluigi Savarese, Sweden
This programme is subject to change.
Session 1. How to design and run a clinical trial
- An overview of the different aspects of clinical trials
- Planning and running a clinical trial: site perspective
- Traditional versus novel trial designing
Session 2. Regulatory aspects
- Requirements from regulatory agencies and post-marketing surveillance
Session 3. Registries and registry-based trials
- Registry-based trials in ischemic heart disease
- Registry-based trials in heart failure
Session 4. Issues in clinical trials
- Challenges of running clinical trials in a pandemic
- Workshop 1 - Statistical issues in clinical trials (Limited seats)
Randomised controlled trials
- Workshop 2 - Statistical issues in clinical trials (Limited seats)
- Workshop 3 - Statistical issues in clinical trials (Limited seats)
Systematic reviews and meta-analyses
- Workshop 4 - How to interprest clinical trial data
Examples from clinical trials
To access the All About Clinical Trials online training course, please refer to the email you should have received by our secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
The All About Clinical Trials - Training Course - Online Event, 10/12/2020-11/12/2020 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 6 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each Medical specialist should claim only those hours of credits that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Become a member
This course is organised by the ESC Working Group on Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy.
Not a member yet? Join today for free
Who should attend
The All About Clinical Trials courses are aimed towards clinical cardiologists and clinical pharmacologists with experience in translational and clinical research in cardiovascular drug therapy. Students or confirmed physicians who need to improve their knowledge and clinical skills in trial management and interpretation.
Feedback from previous courses
Since its launch in 2015, more than 350 participants have taken this course in clinical trials.
- 95% of participants would recommend the course to their peers
- 65% attend the course to learn about methodology for designing and running a clinical trial
- 54% attend the course to learn statistical approaches
“The course allowed me not only to gain a deeper insight into the complex process of organising clinical trials, but it also offered an opportunity to discuss specific methodological pitfalls and interpret the results in cooperation with professionals who represent the highest level of expertise in the field. I highly recommend the course both to experienced investigators and to young researchers, since apart from the conventional aspects of clinical trials methodology; it also presented a novel approach to run the research efficiently and successfully.”
Aleksandra Gąsecka, Poland