About the course
Modern preventive cardiology and cardiac rehabilitation programmes, appropriately adapted to medical and cultural settings, have the potential to effectuate a healthier lifestyle, better risk factor control and adherence with cardioprotective medication.
There is a clear need to improve the situation by increasing the number of modern preventive cardiology programmes, facilitating the access to these programmes, and tailoring these programmes to the requirements of the patients.
Moreover, the fixed-term and often centre-based programmes have to be modified based on patients preferences and provide concepts for long-term management.
- Jean-Paul Schmid (Bern, CH)
- Matthias Wilhelm (Bern, CH)
- Learn how to:
- set up and run a modern prevention programme, including exercise-based
cardiac rehabilitation in patients with heart failure
- implement a multidisciplinary approach (exercise prescription
and training, smoking cessation, nutrition and psychosocial counselling, patient
- Special focus on:
- optimal medical therapy
- patients with a high cardiovascular risk
- exercise testing and training
- health literacy and long-term management
- sports in patients with cardiac diseases
- new frontiers and modern concepts in secondary prevention
Download the final programme
||Early bird fee*
* Early bird fee until 20 May 2019
Special discount of 20% for EAPC Gold members, 10% for EAPC Silver members and 5% for EAPC Ivory members available. Not a member yet? Join now
INSELSPITAL, BERN UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Auditorium Ettore Rossi
Entry 31b, Kinderklinik
Missed previous Cardiac Rehabilitation Courses?
Access the EAPC eLearning platform with its recorded courses, educational materials and MCQs on Cardiac Rehabilitation for self assessment - available for free to EAPC Ivory, Silver and Gold members.
Not a member yet?