Learning objectives and programme
The programme is structured according to the EAPC Core Curriculum for Preventive Cardiology. Important aspects of all nine entrustable professional activities (EPAs) of the curriculum will be covered:
- Design, implement, and evaluate preventive interventions at the population level
- Manage individuals with multifactorial cardiovascular risk profiles
- Manage a patient with non-traditional cardiovascular risk factors
- Manage a prevention and rehabilitation programme for a cardiovascular patient
- Manage a prevention and rehabilitation programme for a cardiovascular patient with significant comorbidities, frailty, and/or cardiac devices
- Manage a cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation programme for an oncology
- Manage pre-participation screening in a competitive athlete
- Manage the work-up of an athlete with suspected or known cardiovascular disease
- Use cardiopulmonary exercise testing for diagnosis, risk stratification and exercise prescription
Course organisers and venue
Course directors and local organising committee
Matthias Wilhelm (Course co-director): Department of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Centre, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland.
Jean-Paul Schmid (Course co-director): Department of Cardiology, Klinik Gais, Gais, Switzerland.
Stephan Windecker (Organising Committee member): Department of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Centre, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland
Inselspital, Bern University Hospital
Auditorium Maurice E. Müller, Entry 34
The registration fee includes course participation, lunches and coffee breaks.
Hotel accommodation and transportation are not included in the fees.
Special discount of 20% for EAPC Gold Members, 10% for EAPC Silver Members and 5% for EAPC Ivory Members available. Not an EAPC Member yet? Join now
||Early bird fee*
||Payment on site
* Early bird fee until 30 August 2022
Dinner on Wednesday, 19 October 2022: 20 CHF