ESC Endorsement Policy for live educational events - ESC Blueprint
ESC and Sub-Specialty endorsement are the official recognition by the ESC family of the high quality of educational programmes and their compliance with agreed ESC criteria.
From January 2019, the ESC Education Committee will only consider for endorsement live educational events (meetings/courses/congresses) that comply with the ESC blueprint.
ESC Blueprint Updated Version (9/9/2020)
1. The event must be based on recent ESC guidelines and/or ESC constituent bodies consensus documents, which also must be clearly visible in the programme and / or site of the event.
2. The event must not promote single products or devices. Therefore, mono-sponsored events are not endorsable. In case of multi-sponsorship, commercial bias must also be prevented.
3. The event’s organiser should inform their National Cardiac Society of the event and, whenever possible, involve them.
4. The event’s organiser should clearly define the learning objectives and expected outcomes in the application form
5. The scientific programme may be presented in the national language, as long as there is an English version of the programme.
6. The event’s organiser should strongly encourage case-based presentations
7. The event should be interactive to better engage participants using group discussions, breakout sessions and/or voting.
8. The event’s organiser should identify learning needs and assess them using evaluation mechanisms such as pre- & post-testing
9. The event should be open to all persons concerned, interested in attending the event, without restricted access
10. The event may not compete with events organized by ESC or its constituent bodies or be potentially harmful to the ESC brand and image
11. The event’s organiser is required to give feedback on the event
To attract delegates to the endorsed live educational event, we strongly recommend that discounts on registration fees are offered to ESC/Associations Members.
Endorsement is subject to a contract between the requester and the ESC, defining roles and duties of each party, as well as to a fee payment.
Please note that endorsement may be granted or withheld in ESC's sole and absolute discretion.
To apply, please complete the application form and submit it to ESC, 3 months before the date of the live educational event.
You will be informed, by email, no later than 1 month after your submission, if the endorsement has been granted or not.
If the endorsement of your live educational event, meeting/course/congress is granted, it will only be considered final upon contract signature and the royalty/endorsement fee has been paid.
For any enquiry or comment, please contact us