Laboratories can apply for 1 to 3 modules, however Transthoracic Echocardiography (TTE) is mandatory.
Three modules are available:
- Transthoracic Echocardiography (TTE)
- Transoesophageal Echocardiography (TOE)
- Stress Echo (SE)
For each module, two levels are available:
- Standard accreditation: set to provide basic laboratory standards for an optimal clinical service
- Advanced accreditation: set to establish a fewer number of advanced laboratories in each country, whereby in addition to standard criteria, they may be providing extensive teaching and research, and cover all modules.
Registration is a 3 step process:
Step 1: Prove that the clinical head or (for standard) a permanent member of staff is EACVI or certified by your National Society.
You will need to send the certificates (photocopy/scan or photo) via email
Step 3: Within two weeks, the ESC Accreditation Office will respond with the confirmation of your registration along with access details to access to the EACVI Laboratory Accreditation online platform and user guide.
*We encourage your application to contain the EACVI certification and thus any other alternative will be meticulously reviewed by the accreditation office until final acceptance.
Heads of the laboratory should nominate a person who will be responsible for completing the forms on the EACVI Laboratory SmartSheet.
The appointed person will receive further information on how to manage the smart sheet after receipt of payment.
Please note: Laboratories that achieve accreditation status could be selected at random for a visitation by the Committee to verify their submitted information.
|Standard||€500 each if applications received separately|
|Advanced||€250 for any additional modalities applied for at the same time|
In other words:
- Each module is €500 (TTE mandatory, TOE or Stress Echo). Any additional module applied at the same time is €250.
- If subsequent modules are applied for separately, they constitute a separate application and therefore the cost is €500.
- Application fees are payable when enrolling to the EACVI Laboratory Accreditation process by completing the registration request and are not refundable
- TTE is obligatory
Application modules can be submitted through the year.