EU's Beating Cancer Plan
- Collaboration with the European Cancer Patients Coalition.
- Development of a White paper entitled: The impact of cancer-related comorbidities on patient treatment, treatment efficacy, survivorship, and quality of life -> pending publication.
- Joint statement prepared calling for greater focus on cancer comorbidities.
- Further joint initiatives are planned during the European Week Against Cancer
- Collaboration with the European Cancer Organisation (ECO)
- Joint letter sent to J Ryan, European Commission Health & Consumers Directorate-General, underlining cardio-oncology issues and current needs.
European Week Against Cancer
Riccardo Asteggiano, Past Chairperson of the Council of Cardio-Oncology will take part in an upcoming webinar organised during the European Week against Cancer.
May 28, 2021 16:30 CEST: Cancer-Associated Thrombosis (CAT)/ Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) and Cardiovascular Complications and how they affect cancer patients’ survival and quality of life.
Other Advocacy Initiatives
The Council is working to build collaborative initiatives with other related external societies and several Council Nucleus members are currently contributing to the development of guidelines:
- from the European Hematology Association on the “Cardiovascular toxicity in older adults with hematologic malignancies”
- from the ‘ERS/ESTS Clinical Practice Guideline Task Force on Fitness for Tumour-specific Treatments of Lung Cancer’