The Council on Basic Cardiovascular Science is holding elections for the following positions for mandate 2020-2022:
- Nominating Committee members - three positions
The Nominating Committee will be chaired by Professor Johannes Waltenberger.
Nominating Committee Member - The reponsibilities
The role of the Nominating Committee is to supervise the good running of elections following a call for candidates for open positions.
The Nominating Committee:
- Ensures that the criteria for eligibility are pre-defined.
- Evaluates the candidates and proposes at least one candidate per position.
- Strives to encourage a good balance of candidates by considering the experience of the candidates, the geographical representation of ESC countries, and the gender.
The Nominating Committee will define the required competencies for the positions to be elected. A call for candidates will be sent to the entire membership of the council in the spring of 2022. The Nominating Committee will check the eligibility of the candidates and propose a list of candidates for each position to be elected.
What you should know
- This Nominating Committee mandate will run from December 2020-August 2022.
- The members of the Nominating Committee are not eligible for election into Council on Basic Cardiovascular Science Nucleus positions for four years after the end of their mandate in the Nominating Committee (2026).
- Only members of the Council on Basic Cardiovascular Science can apply.
How to apply
If you would like to be a member of the Nominating Committee we invite to you send an application letter and one-page curriculum vitae clearly indicating:
- Your suitability and motivation for the role.
- Any previous experience with positions within ESC or another professional society.
- That you are aware that if elected you will be ineligible for positions in the ESC Council on Basic Cardiovascular Science Nucleus for four years after the end of the mandate in the Nominating Committee (until 2026).
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th October 2020.
Criteria for eligibility
- Candidates must be members of the Council on Basic Cardiovascular Science.
- Candidates should have a reasonable publication record in the field of basic science.
- Previous experience as an official within the ESC or another national/international professional society in the field of basic science or a related area is desirable.
- Candidates cannot hold more than three leadership ESC positions at the same time.