Carefully check your agreement form confirming the type of presentation and consult the guidelines below to prepare your presentation accordingly.
Young Investigator Award - Oral abstract presentation guidelines
- Young Investigator Award (YIA) Sessions:
- 4 oral presentations will be held during each session.
- The session will be chaired by two faculty members and presentations evaluated by a panel of renowned judges.
- Each presenter will have 10min to present the research followed by 5min Questions & Answers with the assigned Jury members and will be scored on the following criteria - Originality, Scientific content, Presentation and Answers to questions.
- Your powerpoint presentation should not exceed 10 minutes (maximum 13 slides including the title and DOI ones). Your DOI will be automatically inserted by our technical team based on what you have declared at the time of the confirmation of the presentation.
- The results will be announced during the Closing session.
The winner will receive €1,000 prize and an award certificate. The 1st runner up will receive €300 prize and an award certificate.
- Please refer to your agreement form from the date and time of your session
Guidelines for Oral Presentation
We recommend the use of the official FCVB2022 Powerpoint Template
Presentations should be 16:9 format and have a 1280 x 720 minimum resolution. In order to ensure optimal delivery of presentations, please consider these guidelines :
- Presentation must be prepared in PowerPoint version: type .pptx
- Preferred page set-up is landscape orientation (portrait orientation will not display correctly)
- Use standard Windows fonts only. Avoid the use of non-standard Windows fonts or language-specific fonts
- Images: Insert images with a minimum resolution of 300dpi
- Video: WMV, MP4 or AVI are the only acceptable video formats. To avoid any issue with movies and loops with PowerPoint, presentations MUST be saved as .pptx files
- Apple: give a filename an extension “pptx” (Preferred version: PowerPoint 2016)
- Check on a Windows-operated computer (preferably Win7) before uploading a presentation
Restrictions - Personal laptop computers cannot be connected to the projectors in lecture rooms and presentations cannot be loaded directly onto the computer in the lecture rooms.
Uploading your oral abstract presentation
- All presentations must be uploaded via the online service – accessible via your ESC Account on My ESC/My Agreements (same sign in as used to confirm your presentation) - Access your Agreement form
- Presentations can be uploaded online until midnight (GMT+1) the night before the presentation is scheduled to take place - More information will be available here closer to the time.
Moderated poster presentation guidelines
Your abstract will be presented in a Moderated Poster paper format. Consult your presentation agreement form for assigned presentation date and time.
- Your poster will be discussed in a specific area during the Moderated Poster session chaired by two moderators.
- The session will start with moderators viewing each of the posters, presenters then briefly summarise their poster to the audience and moderators. A question-and-answer period of 2 minutes follows each presentation.
NB – If your abstract is selected for an AWARD Moderated Poster session – the chairpersons will select the Winner. The results will be announced during the Closing session – the winner will receive €600 prize and an award certificate. The 1st runner up will receive €300 prize and an award certificate.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
Abstracts & Late Breaking Science Abstracts selected for Poster Presentation must be presented as a paper visual display of the research.
Please check your agreement form for:
- Date and time of your session
- Viewing times are indicated on your agreement form
- Poster set-up and removal information.
Important information: Please note the ESC cannot be held responsible for posters displayed or left in the Poster area or in the Congress centre. Posters must be collected after each session.
Technical requirements for traditional posters
Dimensions of your poster
- Landscape orientation
- Maximum dimensions for the poster are:
- A0 Poster size - 84,1 cm (height) x 118,9 cm (width)
Posters on several sheets are not accepted (can not be affixed)
- Please note that the use of the official ESC logo is not allowed on your poster. This also applies to ESC Association, Working Group and Council logos
- Title, author(s), address (at upper edge, across the width of the whole poster)
- Declaration of interest (mandatory)
The title should be emphasised by the use of bold-face type. When displayed the letters used should not be smaller than 15 mm.
The sub-title should be printed in the same kind of lettering, but semi-bold and not less than 10 mm high when displayed. This guarantees clear reading even from a distance of 2-3 meters.
The text should be broken up by the inclusion of drawings and/or photos. The use of colour makes the poster more attractive and effective.
Material for mounting your poster to the poster board will be supplied by the ESC
Please refer to the ESC staff in the poster area for further assistance.
Video / Audio / Photos
The recording of video or audio during any session of Frontiers in CardioVascular Biomedicine Congress is strictly prohibited.
It is the responsibility of each presenter or speaker to notify the audience of any restrictions on the photography of the content they are presenting. Such an announcement – if required - must be made at the beginning of the presentation by the presenter.