Congress venue address:
RAI Amsterdam (Entrance E)
1078 GZ Amsterdam
The extensive public transport network makes getting around easy and convenient.
To/from Schiphol Airport (International airport)
From Amsterdam Airport Schiphol - 13km distance
- By train: 10 minutes – Rate from €4.30 - Take the NS Sprinter train and stop at RAI Amsterdam Station (direction Hilversum or Almere Oostvaarders). This train runs up to 4x hourly.
- By taxi: 15 minutes (depending on the traffic) - Flat rate: €45/€50
To/from train stations
Amsterdam Central Train station
- By metro: 8 minutes - Take the metro line 52 (Direction Zuid) and stop at Europaplein station – Rate €3.20 (1-hour ticket) - €6.50 (90-minute ticket)
- By taxi (depending on the traffic): 25 minutes – Rate from €15,00
- By tram: 28 minutes - Take Tram 4 and stop at RAI Amsterdam Station – Rate €3.20 (1 hour ticket)
Amstel train station
- By metro: 8 minutes - Take metro 51 and stop at RAI Amsterdam Station - Rate from €3.20 (1 hour ticket)
- By bus (depending on the traffic): 12 minutes - Take bus 62 and stop at Europaplein - Rate from €3.20 (1-hour ticket)
RAI Amsterdam train station
This station is within walking distance from the congress centre. When you leave the station, you just have to follow the signs for the RAI Amsterdam Congress Centre.
Amsterdam is famous for its biking culture. Here are different possibilities to rent a bike:
Check if your hotel offers bikes. A lot of hotels in Amsterdam already provide a bike rental system to their guests. Do not hesitate to ask the reception of your hotel.
City bike shops
You can rent a bike from one of the city bike shops
See this link for bike shops overview.
|Shop name||Booking link||Location|
|Yellow Bike||Book via this link||Near Central Station
|MacBike||Book via this link||
In Central Station
At Waterloo Square
|AmsterBike||Book via this link||At Oosterdok
Piet Heinkade 25
|A-Bike Rental & Tours||Book via this link||
Near Leidse Square
- You can bring your bike on the train. See NS info here.
- You can bring your bike on the metro and the IJ-tram. See GVB info here.
More on Public transport
The nearest metro station to the Congress venue is "Amsterdam Europaplein" (Metro line 52 direction "Station Zuid" if you are coming from Amsterdam Central or direction “Noord” if you are coming from “Station Zuid”)
Metros start running every day at around 6:00 and stop at around 00:30.
Metros run every 6 minutes.
Access the metro map online
Amsterdam has 15 tramway lines serving the perimeter of the city.
Tram tickets are the same as those used on the metro and the bus.
The nearest station to the Congress venue is "Amsterdam -Europaplein" - (Tramway lines T4)
Access the tram map online
Amsterdam city transport company runs 35 bus lines in the city serving the city center and the suburbs.
The nearest stop is the station “Amsterdam, Europaplein” - (Bus line 62/284/N84)
The ticket can be bought inside the bus from the driver – Note: Cash is no longer accepted on board (1-hour ticket: €3.20, 90-minute ticket €6.50)
Bus operates from 06:00 until 23:30 every day. There are also 10 night buses which run through the night from 03:00 – 90-minute ticket costs €4.50. Note: A standard 1-hour ticket is not valid for travel on night buses.
Access the bus map online
Browse through the interactive tool to organise your journey to the congress venue, RAI Amsterdam.