Please consult your Agreement Form for detailed information on your session.
We HIGHLY recommend that you use the ESC Congress 2023 Slide Template.
Please refer to your Agreement form for confirmation of the presentation title, date, time of presentation and specific instructions with regards to that session.
We recommend that you use the ESC Congress 2023 Slide Template.
- Must be available for the entire duration of the session
- The length of your talk should not exceed the time allocated and may include discussion time – Please review your assigned timing on your Agreement form
- Please take into consideration the Upload and Audiovisual guidelines below when preparing your presentation.
- Please share your slides with the Chairpersons and Discussants in advance – where required – Please consult your Agreement form for detailed information
You can contact the scientific programme department: firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to consult the session chairperson.
All presentations should be 16:9 formatted and have a 1280 x 720 minimum resolution.
They will be displayed from a PC with Windows 7 and PowerPoint 2016.
We recommend that you use the ESC Congress 2023 Slide Template for your presentation.
In order to ensure optimal delivery of your presentation, please stick to the following guidelines in the preparation of your presentation:
- Your presentation must be prepared in PowerPoint version: type .pptx - for optimal rendering please use the official slide set template
- Please note that you can enter "notes" in your Powerpoint Presentation, as you will be able to view these from the new electern display (speaker view only)
- Preferred page set-up is landscape orientation (portrait orientation will not be displayed correctly).
- Use standard Windows fonts only. Try to avoid the use of non-standard Windows fonts or language-specific fonts.
- Images: Do not copy and paste the images from another application, please use the “insert image from a file” functionality from PowerPoint (format JPG or PNG). Make sure that the inserted images have a minimum resolution of 300dpi.
- Video: All videos must be embedded in your presentation. To avoid any issue with movies and loops with PowerPoint, presentations MUST be saved as .pptx files.
- Apple: Please give your filename an extension “pptx” (Preferred version: PowerPoint 2016).
- Check your presentation on a Windows-operated computer (preferably Win7) before you upload it
Personal laptop computers cannot be connected to the projectors in lecture rooms & presentations cannot be loaded directly onto the computer in the lecture rooms. Presentations must be uploaded via our service.
To the attention of MAC users
If your presentation is on a Mac computer, we recommend you ONLY provide a Windows-compatible file.
The Online Upload Service is now open.
We recommend that you use this service to upload your presentation(s) in advance.
The Online Upload Service is fast and easy to use:
To upload your presentation, log in to your MyESC Account on MyESC/My Agreements
Full link: http://escol.escardio.org/MyESC/modules/congress/Agreement/default.aspx?eventID=1334
Once connected, you will see under the presentation title a link to upload.
A step by step wizard will take you through the process -
- First, you will need to select up to 3 Keywords
Select from an available list of topics/keywords - or with the option to use free text if you do not find a suitable entry.
These are important to accurately index your presentation and be referenced on ESC 365.
- Then you can upload your file.
For each presentation uploaded you will receive a confirmation email.
-If your upload is successful, no further action is required, your presentation will be available for you in the lecture room.
-If your upload is failed, you will be contacted by our technical team.
-You can review your uploaded presentation anytime on your MyESC account or at the Speaker Service Centre
-To modify your upload, you can re-upload a corrected version, only the latest uploaded version will be kept.
Presentations can be uploaded online until midnight (GMT+1) the night before the presentation is scheduled to take place. So even whilst at the congress, you can use this service.
Speaker Service Centre
A faculty lounge will allow you to relax, meet with colleagues and discuss your presentations. Desk & plugs are also available in the lounge if you need to finalise your presentation before uploading.
Speaker Service Centre (SSC) Opening Hours
• Thursday 24 August - 14:00 - 19:00
• Friday 25 August - 07:00 - 19:00
• Saturday 26 August - 07:00 - 19:00
• Sunday 27 August - 07:00 - 19:00
• Monday 28 August - 07:00 – 17:30
Speakers can come to the Speaker Service Centre to upload their presentation or review their previously uploaded version as well as for technical assistance from the dedicated team.
The Practice Stage: we have recreated a lecture room stage for you to test out the functionalities available and the Presentation Management System at the lectern - if you want to practice before showtime - ask our hostess onsite.
Photo Booth: a photographer is available to take your professional portrait which you can then transfer to your Speaker Profile or for your personal use
Features for speakers in the lecture rooms
The presentation management screen for the speaker in the lecture room is providing options designed to enhance and facilitate your intervention on stage
- The eLectern is operated as a Touch Screen (use your finger to navigate between the slide, activate functions, POINT to a specific are of your slide (as you would with a mouse)
- Notes: if you enter notes on your presentation, these will appear on the side of the electern - not visible by the audience - you can increase the size of the font depending on how you wish to use these
- Preview next slides: your next slides appear on the right side of the eLectern , to help you better manage the flow of your presentation
- Time management: a time management bar is showing you the remaining time for your presentation. A warning will show on the lectern when the timing is about to expire. A notification to conclude and close your presentation will show when the time aparted is over
The audience does not see the full eLectern view - ONLY the slide shown at the time on the main window of the eLectern is visible by the audience. We advise you to come and test the eLectern on the Practice Stage at the Speaker Service Centre.
Stage Set Up
Again this year, all Faculty will sit on the stage in all lecture rooms / hubs in order to facilitate and animate discussions throughout the session.
Please arrive early - so you can be placed on stage by the hostess.
All faculty need to remain in the session for its entire duration to participate in discussions and concluding comments as may be required.
After the congress your presentation will be referenced accordingly on ESC 365.
Declaration of interest
The existence of potential conflicts of interest does not necessarily indicate a bias. However, it is our ethical obligation to inform participants so that they are made aware of any relationship that might cause unintentional bias.
A potential conflict of interest may arise from various relationships, past or present, such as employment, consultancy, investments and stock ownership, funding for research, family relationship etc. This will allow the audience to take potential conflicts of interest into account when assessing the objectivity of the presentation.
When accepting the role(s) via the agreement form, Speakers/ Chairpersons/ Discussant / Presenters have declared possible conflict of interest. This information is accessible to edit and update as may be required. It is the person's responsibility to ensure the information is up to date both in the system and on the slide which will be shown at the start of the presentation.
At the congress, Speaker must declare a possible conflict of interest regarding their current presentation - a DOI slide is automatically generated by the upload system based in the information entered in the agreement form and placed as second slide.
We request the DOI Slide to be displayed and read out loud to give the audience sufficient time to take note of the conflicts disclosed.
Chairpersons/Discussants/Judges must declare possible conflicts of interest regarding the topics of the presentations orally at the beginning of the session.
Presentations given at the Congress will be featured on ESC365 if the speakers have granted the ESC the right to use the presentation for educational purposes.
Please refer to the Online Agreement Form for the copyrights terms.
Update Your Speaker Profile and Spread the Word
Complete your Speaker Profile
In order to give you more visibility, we propose that you update your Speaker Profile. Your information will be available in connection with your presentation(s).
Please access or re-access your Speaker Profile, as some mandatory consents have been added to allow us to display the information you shared.
Doing so now, you will save time on-site or at the time of online upload
You can do this at any time - update your Speaker Profile
Spread the word about #ESCCongress
A promotional toolkit with graphical elements is available to help on the promotion of ESC Congress 2023 to your network.
Be active on Social Media
Share the science and add your voice to the biggest CV conversation on X!
- Use the official Congress hashtag #ESCCongress
- For posts you deem pertinent for ESC to share, please tag @escardio
- Post about the major breakthroughs/conclusions/highlights, and with the most relevant images from the speaker
- Avoid promotional posts ie 'session xyz starting now’ or content that does not give any scientific value ie 'Great talk from @abc…’ without adding her/his key messages, points etc
- Quote the speaker, or tag their profile using their handle
- Double check spelling and grammar
- If you have a concern/complain don’t use social media to raise it. Talk to a member of staff. We are always at your service
- Won’t have time to post? You can still share it (repost)
- Apply same ethics & etiquette you would in any other context
Video / Audio / Photos
The recording of video or audio during any session of ESC Congress is strictly prohibited.
It is the responsibility of each presenter or speaker to notify the audience of any restrictions on the photography of the content they are presenting.
Such an announcement must be made at the beginning of the presentation.