We recommend that you use the EACVI Best of Imaging 2022 slide template for your presentation.
A Presentation for the Digital Congress
We are committed to showcasing your presentation in the best possible light.
To that end, there are a few simple tips and tricks we can suggest to make your live presentation stand out.
Please refer to your agreement form for confirmation of the presentation title, date, time and specific instructions with regards to that session.
We recommend that you should use the EACVI Best of Imaging 2022 slide template
- Must be available for the entire duration of the session
- Are requested to connect 30min before session start time, for technical set up & quick review of the presentation/session running order
- The length of your talk should not exceed the time allocated – Please review your assigned timing on your agreement form.
- Please take into consideration the Upload and Audiovisual guidelines below when preparing your presentation.
- Some special sessions require a session briefing - If you are involved in one of these sessions, you will receive specific instructions to prepare your presentation.
You can contact the scientific programme department: firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to consult with the session chairperson.
All presentations should be 16:9 formatted and have a 1280 x 720 minimum resolution.
They will be displayed from a PC with Windows 7 and PowerPoint 2016.
We recommend that you use the EACVI Best of Imaging 2022 Congress Slide Template for your presentation.
In order to ensure optimal delivery of your presentation, please stick to the following guidelines in the preparation of your presentation:
- Your presentation must be prepared in PowerPoint version: type .pptx - for optimal rendering please use the official slide set template
- Preferred page set-up is landscape orientation (portrait orientation will not be displayed correctly).
- Use standard Windows fonts only. Try to avoid the use of non-standard Windows fonts or language-specific fonts.
- Images: Do not copy and paste the images from another application, please use the “insert image from a file” functionality from PowerPoint (format JPG or PNG). Make sure that the inserted images have a minimum resolution of 300dpi.
- Video: WMV, MP4 or AVI are the only acceptable video formats. To avoid any issue with movies and loops with PowerPoint, presentations must be saved as a .pptx files.
- Apple: Please give your filename an extension “pptx” (Preferred version: PowerPoint 2016).
- Check your presentation on a Windows-operated computer (preferably Win7) before you upload it
The Online Upload Service will shortly open.
We also remind you to use a 16/9 slide format most preferably the EACVI Best of Imaging 2022 slide template
The Online Upload Service is fast and easy to use:
To upload your presentation sign in to your ESC Account on My ESC/My Agreements
Once connected, you will see under the presentation title a link to upload.
- A step by step wizard will take you through the process
- You first are directed to your Speaker Profile to update your profile
- Option to upload a picture or to give your consents for use of the existing picture
- Option to provide or update Social Media information
- On the next screen, you will be asked to select 3 Keywords ( from an available list of topics/keywords - or with the option to use free text if you do not find a suitable entry) - These are important to accurately index your presentation to be referenced on ESC 365 (if copyright granted)
- Please note that a Declaration Conflict of Interest Slide will be automatically inserted in your presentation, based on the related declaration you made on your agreement form. (you can edit /change this directly on your agreement form - Please note that the DOI info must be up to date for the time of presentation)
- For each presentation uploaded you will receive a confirmation email with the status of your upload
- To modify your upload, you can re-access the service and upload a corrected version, only the latest uploaded version will be kept
Presentations can be uploaded online until midnight (GMT+1) the night before the presentation is scheduled to take place.
Complete your speaker profile
In order to give you more visibility, we propose that you update your Speaker Profile, your information will be available in connection with your presentation(s).
Please access or re-access your Speaker Profile, as some mandatory consents have been added to allow us to display the information you shared.
Doing so now, you will save time for the Online Upload
You can do this at any time - update your Speaker Profile
ESC 365 and Social Media
After the congress your presentation will be referenced accordingly on ESC 365.
Be active on Twitter
Share the science and add your voice to the biggest CV conversation on Twitter!
- Use #EACVIBestOf2022
- For tweets you deem pertinent for ESC to retweet, tag @escardio
- Tweet about the major breakthroughs/conclusions/highlights, and with the most relevant images from the speaker
- Avoid promotional posts ie 'session xyz starting now’ or content that does not give any scientific value ie 'Great talk from @abc…’ without adding her/his key messages, points etc
- Quote the speaker, or tag their Twitter profile
- Double check spelling and grammar
- If you have a concern/complain don’t use social media to raise it. Talk to a member a staff. We are always at your service
- Won’t have time to tweet? You can still retweet (RT) @escardio , @ESC_Journals or your network’s tweets; stay engaged and comment to their tweets with your view, or RT with comment (quote)
- Apply same ethics & etiquette you would in any other context
Video / Audio / Photos
The recording of video or audio during any session of EACVI Best of Imaging Congress is strictly prohibited.
It is the responsibility of each presenter or speaker to notify the audience of any restrictions on the photography of the content they are presenting.
Such an announcement must be made at the beginning of the presentation.