FCVB meetings are increasingly considered as one of the most relevant exchange platforms for basic and translational cardiovascular biomedicine.
This meeting of the Council on Basic Cardiovascular Science (CBCS) of the European Society of Cardiology has been in conjunction with 13 European cardiovascular science societies.
It brings together all these groups on a biennial basis is to create a showcase for the most exciting and innovative developments in cardiovascular research that is second to none and to act as a springboard for the careers of young scientists.
The previous programme was designed to be cross-disciplinary, both between and within sessions, to emphasise underlying scientific developments important to cardiovascular biology. The 13 societies have worked together to showcase their most exciting findings and to highlight interconnections with new areas of research. Central amongst the session types were:
- Invited speaker presentations mixed with shorter talks selected from submitted abstracts, ensuring both the most recent data and strong involvement of younger speakers.
- Poster sessions will be central to both position and timing.
- Keynote lecturers will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience.
Don't miss the opportunity to play an active role in the congress by presenting your research for presentation and discussion.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits
FCVB has been submitted to the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) for accreditation.
The EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS), www.uems.net.
Attendance certificates for participants will be provided on-site upon request, in the Registration Area.
The basic science organisations and ESC Working Groups involved in FCVB
- ESC Council on Basic Cardiovascular Science
- European Council for Cardiovascular Research (ECCR)
- European Society for Microcirculation (ESM)
- European Vascular Biology Organisation (EVBO)
- International Society for Heart Research (ISHR), European Section
- ESC Working Group on Atherosclerosis and Vascular Biology
- ESC Working Group on Cardiac Cellular Electrophysiology
- ESC Working Group on Cardiovascular Regenerative and Reparative Medicine
- ESC Working Group on Cellular Biology of the Heart
- ESC Working Group on Coronary Pathophysiology and Microcirculation
- ESC Working Group on e-Cardiology
- ESC Working Group on Development, Anatomy and Pathology
- ESC Working Group on Myocardial and Pericardial Diseases
- ESC Working Group on Thrombosis