You have been invited to be part of a Pre-Recorded Session that will be broadcasted during EuroHeartCare - ACNAP Congress 2021 on a dedicated channel.
Upon acceptance of your Faculty role(s), you will receive detailed instructions on the organisation of your session including a detailed timed script.
You will also be sent a calendar invitation(s) with the dates and times linked to your session related preparatory meetings commitment(s)
List of session related commitments
- A Content Rehearsal - This preparatory meeting is crucial to discuss session content, clarifying the scope of each presentation as well as organising the follow-up discussions in the session.
The purpose of Pre-recording as a full session is to capture this interaction between the experts invited to participate. It also allows you to get more information on the script of the session (who speaks when and how long) and on the technical requirements for the recording. Failure to attend may compromise overall flow/interaction between faculty members during the recording.
- The Recording – All faculty present to record the session as a flowing programme including interaction between the experts at dedicated times – attempting to capture spontaneity and diversity of opinion.
- The Broadcast of your Session – All Faculty are invited to log in to the ONLINE EVENT at the time of your session broadcast. A Discussion Chat will be open as a side window to the session, to give the viewers and the speakers an opportunity to exchange directly – in writing - on the content being played.
Please refer to the below instructions according to the role you are invited for
I am the Chairperson (Session Host)
As Chairperson you will be a timekeeper coordinating the flow of the session, in charge of the introduction and closing, liaison in between presentations, and during the discussion time.
- You do not need to prepare any slides for this role.
- At the beginning of the recording, the technical team give you a countdown – to let you know the exact moment when they will start.
- Once it begins, you should welcome the audience, briefly introduce the content of the session, the discussant (if any) and engage the audience to participate via the discussion chat.
Then introduce the first speaker to start his/her presentation.
It is your responsibility to declare any Conflict of Interest at the start of the session when you introduce yourself
- As Host, you are the conductor of the session, in charge of the transitions between each presentation and keeping momentum and dynamism in the flow. (from discussions to next presentation)
- You are responsible for the Discussion management. This discussion time takes place immediately after each presentation or at the end of the session - depending on what has been decided during your content rehearsal. You should drive this discussion time, coordinating the intervention of the discussants and speakers in a very casual and dynamic manner.
- If there is extra time available within a session (shorter presentations then expected, cancelled presentation), your role is to fill this time with extra discussion.
- You are responsible for closing the session, including any take-home message.
- NB – On the Discussion Chat – we will feature polls to the audience - directly linked to the presentations – each speaker should prepare a question to be inserted in the chat at the end of the presentation.
NB: Some sessions have two Hosts, should it be the case – you will have to coordinate amongst yourself in advance to split the responsibilities as you see fit.
I am a Speaker
- We are committed to giving the best and most dynamic exposure to your presentation. We invite you to consider these few simple tips and tricks: make your recorded presentation stand out.
- We HIGHLY recommend that you use the EuroHeartCare - ACNAP Congress 2021 slide template.
- Please refer to your agreement form for more information regarding the requirements for your presentation and the upload conditions.
Presentation duration has been optimised for the digital environment. Your agreement form will specify your presentation duration, the number of slides recommended and upload service.
Your presentation needs to be check prior to the recording, therefore, must be uploaded in our system 48H before the date of your recording – please check carefully your upload (make sure it includes your DOI) review spellings as changes are not possible after recording.
Audiovisual technical Guidelines for your Presentation
All presentations should be 16:9 formatted and have a 1280 x 720 minimum resolution.
They will be displayed from a PC with Windows 7 and PowerPoint 2016.
You must include your Declaration of Interest either on your first slide or as a second slide.
In order to ensure optimal delivery of your presentation, please comply with the following guidelines in the preparation of your presentation:
- Your presentation must be prepared in PowerPoint version: type .pptx - for optimal rendering please use the EuroHeartCare - ACNAP Congress 2021 slide template
- Preferred page set-up is landscape orientation (portrait orientation will not be displayed correctly).
- Use standard Windows fonts only. Try to avoid the use of non-standard Windows fonts or language-specific fonts.
- Images: Do not copy and paste the images from another application, please use the “insert image from a file” functionality from PowerPoint (format JPG or PNG). Make sure that the inserted images have a minimum resolution of 300dpi.
- Video: All videos must be embedded in your presentation. To avoid any issue with movies and loops with PowerPoint, presentations MUST be saved as .pptx files.
- Apple: Please give your filename an extension “pptx” (Preferred version: PowerPoint 2016).
- Check your presentation on a Windows-operated computer (preferably Win7) before you upload it
To the attention of MAC users - If your presentation is on a Mac computer, we recommend you ONLY provide a Windows-compatible file.
I am a Discussant
- You have been invited in the session as an expert on the topic and to discuss the content that will be presented. This session format has been specifically designed to allow time for the discussion and to ensure we capture the interaction between yourself and the speakers of the session
- You do not need to prepare any slides for this role.
- It is your responsibility to declare any Conflict of Interest at the start of the session when you first speak
- As discussant, it’s crucial that you attend the content rehearsal to review the content which will be presented and prepare in advance questions for the speakers.