Official airlines partners
This partnership offers numerous benefits:
- 15% discount on a wide range of public fares – valid from 5 days prior to 5 days after ESC Congress.
- Miles to earn for attendees with Flying Blue, Air France – KLM’s frequent flyer program
Please use this code 36556AF when buying your tickets online.
Congress venue address
1078 GZ Amsterdam
Amsterdam is very easy to reach by plane, train, car or even boat. The award-winning Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is centrally located and flies to 323 destinations.
From Amsterdam, high-speed rail services connect Amsterdam to Paris, London, Berlin and Brussels, and the Port of Amsterdam ranks fourth in Europe.
The extensive public transport network makes getting around easy and convenient.
A 5-day transport ticket can be purchased as an option together with the registration.
The cost is €26 (including 9% VAT) - See more
From Schiphol airport (international airport)
- By train: 10 minutes – Rate from €3,20 - Take the NS Sprinter train and stop at RAI Amsterdam Station (direction Hilversum or Almere Oostvaarders). This train runs up to 4x hourly.
- By taxi: 15 minutes (depending on the traffic) - Flat rate: €30/€35
From train stations
Amsterdam Central train station
- By metro: 8 minutes. Take the metro line 52 (Direction Zuid) and stop at Europaplein station – Rate €3,20 (1-hour ticket) - €6,50 (1h30 ticket)
- By taxi (depending on the traffic): 25 minutes – Rate from €15,00
- By tram: 28 minutes - Take the Tram 4 and stop at RAI Amsterdam station – Rate €3,20 (1-hour ticket)
Amstel train station
- By metro: 8 minutes - Take metro 51 and stop at RAI Amsterdam station - Rate from €3,20 (1-hour ticket)
- By bus (depending on the traffic): 12 minutes - Take the bus number 62 and stop at Europaplein station - Rate from €3,20 (1-hour ticket)
RAI Amsterdam station is an additional train station
Please note that this station is walking distance from the congress centre. When you leave the station, you just have to follow the signs for RAI Amsterdam Congress Centre.
More on public transport
The nearest metro station to the Congress venue is "Amsterdam Europaplein" (Metro Line 52 direction "Station Zuid" if you are coming from Amsterdam Central or direction “Noord” if you are coming from “Station Zuid”).
Metros start running every day at around 6:00 am and stop at around 12:30 am.
Metros run every 6 minutes.
The nearest station to the congress venue is "Amsterdam Europaplein" - (Tramway lines T4).
Amsterdam has 15 tramway lines serving the perimeter of the city.
Tram tickets are the same as those used on the metro and the bus.
The nearest stop is the station “Amsterdam, Europaplein” - (Bus line 62/284/N84).
Amsterdam city transport company runs 35 bus lines in the city serving the city centre and the suburb.
Ticket can be bought inside the bus from the driver – Note: cash is no longer accepted on board (1-hour ticket: €3,20, 1h30 ticket €6,50).
The bus operates from 6:00 am until 12:30 pm every day. There are also 10 night-buses which run through the night from 3:00 am - 90minutes ticket costs €4,50.
Note: a standard 1-hour ticket is not valid for travel on night buses.
Access Bus map online
Rent a bike directly from an external shop - Rent for a day = €8/€10 on average
Possible to bring the bike in the transport: + €1,80 on the price ticket.
Please note that this is forbidden to use public transport with a bike on rush hours as follow: from Monday to Friday 07:00-09:00 and 16:00-18:30.
Public transport tickets valid for 5 days at a special congress rate of €26 can be purchased in advance through the online registration page or on-site at the congress venue in the Registration Area from Friday 28 August onwards.
The tickets are valid for unlimited journeys on trams, buses (including night buses) and metros in Amsterdam.
Please note that these tickets are NOT valid from and to the airport. You can buy a specific airport e-ticket online for €4.50 (single way, 2nd class) via www.ns.nl
Companies/Groups can pre-order transport tickets in advance (minimum order 10 tickets) by sending their request. Deadline for pre-ordering transport ticket is 10 July 2020.