Our mission is to reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease through percutaneous cardiovascular interventions.
Who We Are
EAPCI was created in 2006 with objectives and activities stemming from the synergy between the assets of EuroPCR and the former ESC Working Group on Interventional Cardiology. Across all activities, EAPCI fosters a close, mature collaboration with industry partners based on a clearly defined code of conduct. Postgraduate education, improvements of patient access to device-based therapies, and promotion of clinical research represent obvious areas of common interest.
What We Do
- EAPCI contributes actively to the programme of the yearly EuroPCR Course, which has become its official annual meeting.
- EAPCI has another official course: PCR London Valves, focusing on the care of patients with valvular heart disease.
- The EuroIntervention journal presents the best of research and education in our field, including case presentations in lively electronic format.
- The PCR-EAPCI Textbook: Poised to become the reference for interventional practitioners, this textbook offers four volumes dedicated to diagnosis, coronary interventions, structural heart disease, peripheral interventions and perspectives. Both clinically and practically oriented, the textbook covers everything today‘s interventionist needs to know.
- Education and training for fellows, which includes the ESC e-Learning Platform, is EAPCI's main focus and is being expanded in close collaboration with interventionist working groups throughout Europe and abroad.
- EAPCI contributes with enthusiasm to all activities of the ESC as they pertain to revascularization and other percutaneous interventions, only to name the contributions to the ESC Congress, the EURObservational Research Programme (EORP), preparation and implementation of guidelines.