Treasurer Dr Walter Cabrera and international delegate Dr Fernandez Waldo - representing the President of the Peruvian Society of Cardiology Dr Enrique Ruiz - signed the Memorandum of Understanding with ESC President Professor Michel Komajda, FESC during the ESC Congress 2010 in Stockholm and thus confirms the affiliation to the ESC.
|Structure 2011 - 2013
||Dr Marzio Zubiate T.
||Dr Jose Manuel Sosa R.
||Dr Enrique Ruiz M.
||Dr Manuel Horna N.
||Dr Dwight Velasquez S.
||Dr Miguel Reyes R.
||Dr Juan Urquiaga C. ( Publications )
||Dr Guillermo Bustamante N. ( Scientific Actions )
||Dr Juan Vlasica C. ( Secretary of branches )
||Dr Huberto Ulloa M. (Ethic & Qualifications Committee)
||Dr Raul Ames E. (Ethic & Qualifications Committee)
||Dr Jorge Rodriguez M. De O. (Scientific Actions Commmittee)
||Dr Marco Pastrana C. (Scientific Actions Commmittee)
Number of Members:
Year of Foundation:
Year of ESC affiliation:
Guillermo Marconi 337 - Lima 27 - Peru
Tel: +51 1 441 5932
Fax: +51 1 421 6999
Click here to send an email to the Peruvian Society of Cardiology
Click here to visit the web site of the Peruvian Society of Cardiology
The aims of the Peruvian Society of Cardiology are
- to emphasise the importance of defining, exchanging and consistently updating experiences, knowledge and techniques in cardiology
- to debate the trends of cardiology management, in order ot provide better service to people suffering cardiovascular diseases.
- to stimulate the investment in cardiology
- Promotion and education in heart health
- Integration of epidemiological data in Peruvian cardiology
- to develop and elaborate recommendation Guidelines and Expert Consensus documents in national cardiology.
- Peruvian Congress of Cardiology – every two years
- International Consultants’ Course – and update in cardiology
- International Course of Hypertension
- International Course of Coronary Heart Disease
- Course of Arrhythmia
- Annual Course for cardiology residents
- International Course of Echocardiography
- International Course of Atherosclerosis
The Peruvian Society of Cardiology (PSC) organised the Inter American Congress of Cardiology in April 1968 and 2007 and the South American Congress of Cardiology in May 1977 and 1997.
The PSC has nine subsidiary organisations in the provinces and activities are developed in order to improve the level of cardiology in the regions, these have high level of attendance and participation.
The magazine of the PSC - Revista de la Sociedad Peruana de Cardiologia - has been published since 1952 for 58 uninterrupted years. It includes scientific material by distinguished national and international professionals and constitutes an important means of published research works and updated information for the national residents and the whole national community in cardiology.
There are 3 editions a year, freely distributed to cardiology residents, cardiologists and related specialists. So far 174 issues have been published. The regular sections of the magazine are: editorial, selected monographs, original articles, annual review, revision by experts, and clinical cases and images.