Cardiovascular Disease Prevention - Risk Assessment and Management
These guidelines deal with the management of dyslipidaemias as an essential and integral part of CVD prevention.
Wach the webcast of the joint ESC Guidelines on the Management of Dyslipidemias presented at the ESC Congress 2011.
Watch the recording of the ESC Webinar on the ESC Guidelines
Current versions available to download
Current translated versions available to download:
Zeljko Reiner (ESC Chairperson), Alberico L. Catapano (EAS Chairperson), Guy De Backer, Ian Graham, Marja-Riitta Taskinen, Olov Wiklund,Stefan Agewall (Norway), Eduardo Alegria (Spain), M. John Chapman (France), Paul Durrington, Serap Erdine, Julian Halcox, Richard Hobbs, John Kjekshus, Pasquale Perrone Filardi, Gabriele Riccardi, Robert F. Storey, David Wood (UK).
Declarations of Interest of the experts involved in the elaboration of the document.
Table of Contents
- 1. Preamble
- 2. Introduction
- 3. Total cardiovascular risk
- 4. Evaluation of laboratory lipid and apolipoprotein parameters
- 5. Treatment targets
- 6. Lifestyle modifications to imporve the plasma lipid profile
- 7. Drugs for treatment of hypercholesterolaemia
- 8.Drugs for treatment of hypertriglyceridaemia
- 9.Drugs affecting high-desity lipoprotein
- 10.Management of dyslipidaemai in different clinical settings
- 11.Monitoring of lipids and enzymes in patients on lipid lowering drug therapy
- 12.How to improve adherence to lifestyle changes and compliance with drug therapy