EuroPRevent 2014 - Global Cardiovascular Health
Download the PDF of EuroPRevent 2014's final programme and view the presented abstracts during the congress.
At the heart of every congress is the scientific programme, the main reason why people get together to meet, exchange ideas and learn. EuroPRevent is unique meeting because the content is for allied health professions, general practitioners, policy makers, scientists and young researchers: there is something for everyone.
EuroPRevent, the annual congress of the European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation (EAPCR), is the premiere international forum where leading experts from diverse scientific fields in cardiology get together to discuss implementation strategies to improve global cardiovascular health.
This year's theme is 'Global Cardiovascular Health' and will emphasise the global approaches to prevention all the while reminding us that we need to join forces to enter a new era of fight against the burden of cardiovascular disease because treatment can never provide a complete answer and prevention is the only solution.
During our three day congress, attendees will find:
- Two Educational Master classes! One being dedicated to scientific methods for conducting studies in preventive cardiology and the second relating to hypertension. (Thursday)
- New this year Special tracks for general practitioners geared towards Benelux residents and general attendees, sessions for nurses and cardiologists in training, content focusing on diabetes, a new update on e-health and telemonitoring, and specific sessions geared towards hypertension and renal denervation (Friday).
- State-of-the-art and innovative presentations, “How to” sessions, Special tracks and Debates with a focus on sports cardiology, cardiac rehabilitation and prevention (Friday and Saturday)
- Joint sessions with ESC Working Groups, Local, European and International Associations (Thursday, Friday and Saturday)
- Global Forum on CVD Prevention in Clinical Practice
Continued Medical Education
| || |
EuroPRevent 2014 has been accredited 16 External CME credits by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC).
These credits can be transfered into North American AMA credits on the American Medical Association (AMA).
EBAC works according to to the quality standards of the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Education
(EACCME), which is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS).
Continuing Medical Education (CME) is a programme of educational activities to guarantee the maintenance and upgrading of knowledge, skills and competence following completion of postgraduate training. CME is an ethical and moral obligation for each doctors throughout his/her professional career, in order to maintain the highest possible professional standards.