The nucleus members of the ESC Working Group on Acute Cardiac Care gathered at the occasion of an extra nucleus meeting in February 2011 (in Brussels) and has extensively discussed and reviewed the mission statement, targeted audience and main goals of the Workign Group.
Final input voted by all members is as follows:
“To improve the quality of care and outcomes of patients with acute cardiovascular diseases.”
Focusing on diagnosis, therapies, systems, organization for the best care of acute cardiovascular diseases.
Patients & professionals involved in ACC or its organization, Healthcare professionals, Scientists, Managers, Decision-makers, Politicians, Media, Allied Societies.
- To promote dialogue, exchange and dissemination of knowledge
- To implement Quality improvement initiatives
- To facilitate education
- To bridge/link specialists of different levels / backgrounds
- To foster research
- To deliver recommendations
- To lead a certification process
- Finalisation of the Accreditation process for acute cardiac care as an official subspeciality in cardiology in Europe
- New website project to foster the creation of a european cardiological community on acute cardiac care
- Two study groups within WG ACC, one on cardiac biomarkers and the other on pre-hospital care
- New publication, the Journal of Acute Cardiac Care to publish papers, reviews, editorials, case reports and letters on scientific issues in acute cardiac care